There are a number of reasons for the price difference. For instance, the 3BR advertised on PropertyGuru could be smaller in size or located on a lower floor in a different block. Another reason could be that the developer has decided to offer additional discounts in a bid to move certain units. Our advice is that you should call the agent who showed you around the showflat and enquire about the price difference.
He or she will be most happy to answer your queries.
Hope this answers your question.
Well if you wish to be sure, you can look at the transacted prices from URA to have a gauge. I will be glad to share more so you have a clear idea on what price to expect and also a hassle free process. Thanks and hope to have the opportunity to work with you on your EC purchase.
Normally developers will reduce pricing and offer discount over time so usually information at the showflat is much accurate.
This project has been launched for quite some time. Some agent might not have the habit of updating the pricing and they usually just repost the listing with the old pricing so not to worry about it.
I have brought my friends to the showflat before. Seems quite nice. If you need any assistance or advice in your EC property purchase, feel free to contact me. No commission payable, you still have a representative to safeguard your interest.
Hope to hear from you soon!
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727
(M): +65 9111 5171
It could be a case of advertising agent not updated on the units still available. The cheaper unit on advertisement could have been a unit already sold, maybe on a lower floor.
Price list for the units available for sale for any given project is usually updated regularly and project salesperson at the showflat will usually have the most updated information.
If you need more information and details or even advise, feel free to get in touch with me for discussion.
CEA Reg R014783H
Thank you also for your queries and allowing us this opportunity to address your concern.
I am one of The Amore EC Developer’s Appointed Marketing Core Team (CT) member, kindly allow me to provide some possible explanations on the discrepancies you have encountered recently.
As on 16 Dec 2015 at 9am, the cheapest 3BR unit is #01-14 $748K (NPS-Normal Payment Scheme) or $755k (DPS-Deferred Payment Scheme).
The Amore EC Latest Promo valid from 3 Dec 2015 to 31 Jan 2016, additional discount as following:
*Price and Promo Subject to Changes by Developer
The following could be one of the explanation for the pricing discrepancies:
1. #01-14 was sold in late Sep 2015 but was returned recently on 25 Nov 2015. Hence, #02-14 $751k (NPS) was the lowest starting price for 3BRs in between those period.
The sudden return of #01-14 or any other unit could be attributed to any of the following:
- HDB EC-Application/Appeal not approved
- Buyers change unit (additional administrative fees may apply)
- Buyers aborted the purchase due to insufficient funding or personal reason (5%-20% penalty applies)
2. Before 3 Dec 2015, the discount given by Developer was more. The agent who quoted $730k may have inadvertently missed out on the updated discount
3. The agent who quoted higher recently may have unintentionally missed out on the recently returned unit #01-14
Developers’ Appointed CT and all Real Estate Salespersons (RES) are guided by CEA to avoid misrepresentation with detrimental consequences if found guilty as explained in the following links:
1. Service Manual Helps Reduce Cases of Misrepresentation
2. Professional Service Manual (PSM)
It also doesn’t make sense for any agent to quote wrong prices for these reasons:
1. Buyers like yourself could easily verify online or URA latest transactions and switch to engage another agent that quoted the lowest or most accurate pricing
2. Developers monitor closely our online advertisements to ensure we provide the most accurate information on the date of postings to promote sales. CT members that were found misleading or incompetent could be barred from marketing the project or worst, barred from all future projects.
3. Agents that quoted lower prices may be pressured by buyers to honour those prices at agents’ own expenses which may be deemed unethical under CEA (Source: PSM 1.10.1 – Page 16) and may put agent’s licensing at risk for severe cases. Agents doing so may also risk angering and losing the buyers if the prices were not honoured
4. CEA may conduct random spot checks and give disciplinary warnings that stays on the agent’s record for 3 years. The CEA Public register could be easily accessed by public via CEA@SG App
5. Dishonest agents usually do not last long in the industry as good reputation is crucial for long lasting relationship with fellow agents and returning buyers
Based on personal experience and observation as consumer, home owner and fellow agent… ‘Honesty is ALWAYS the Best Policy’. That said, ‘To err is human, to forgive is divine’, do kindly forgive us if we inadvertently gave out outdated information in error due to hectic scheduling or such as more and more of us have to juggle more and more projects to make ends meet for our family and loved ones.
Rest assured that there are several systems in place that would highlight discrepancy in actual pricing during the initial booking with Developer and require buyer(s) to countersign on the final price.
*To Be Continued Below...
Additional discount/incentive if applicable would also be clearly indicated and non-transferable. As added protection, you may verify with HDB or URA latest transactions online to ensure that everything tallies and may consult with the agent/conveyancing lawyer for compensation/remedy if discrepancies were found.
As we do not get prompted when you respond here, kindly contact us directly should you require additional information or latest updates.
May you have a pleasant and smooth home buying experience moving forward.
Thank you and have a pleasant week ahead.
Karrien N. Chan
CEA Reg. No.: R052532H
Mobile: +65 82250212
PropNex Realty Pte Ltd
Service You Trust
CEA Licence No.: L3008022J
Project Core Team:
D19 The Vales - New
D19 The Amore
D18 Sea Horizon
D19 High Park Residences - New
D18 The Santorini
D15 70 St. Patrick's - Last 4 Units
D15 Flamingo Valley - Fully Sold
D14 Tre Residences
D14 Sims Urban Oasis
Floor Plans & Listings:
Pricing Guide of Properties For Sale:
It is depends on the availability of the unit for sale. The price you get from the show flat will be the most accurate.
If possible, I hope can assist you in the purchase. There will be no commission payable by you.
To assist and advise you more in details, kindly drop me an email for me to share.
I am contactable at my mobile or email.