6 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

Yes, you can rent out your condominium once it has received its Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).

All types of private residential property are subjected to an occupancy cap of six unrelated persons per property. Unrelated persons refer to anyone who is not part of the same family unit. Domestic helpers are considered part of the same family unit. The occupancy cap also applies to tenants who sublet the property. As the property owner, you must ensure that your tenants follow the rules.

Do note that the minimum rental period for private residential property is 3 months.

A landlord is required to check original NRIC or FINS of the tenants and occupiers for forgery and make copies. check photographs on NRICs or FINS against the actual persons to confirm identity and verify the validity of the passes with MOM database and/or ICA database. As an added due diligence, you may also ask for letter of employment from employer. This is to deter illegal immigrants or vice activities. This is required by the Council of Estate Agencies for compliance with the Immigration and Women's Charter.

You will find our rental guide here useful: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/singapore-property-rental-a-guide-for-tenants-and-landlords-9684

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru
Gilston Tan
Hi, yes, you will be able to rent out your condominium as soon as it obtains TOP status (for new development) or when you have gotten the keys upon the completion of your purchase. If you have any further questions, please drop me a Whatsapp message by clicking on the following link. https://wa.me/6591558258

Do like and follow me on the various Social media platforms:
FB: www.fb.com/gettinghomesg
IG: www.ig.com/gettinghome_sg
Aaron Chong

I would be most glad to assist you further and please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance. Have a good day ahead. By the way, yes of course you could as there is no restriction for private property.

9730 8455
Gavin Ng

If its a private condominium, there should not be any problem. You may want to text 9620 0827 for a casual chat.

Warmest regards

Silvia Yang
Hi Sir/Madam

Yes it is possible and I will be glad to assist you finding the right tenant.
I am well versed in rental and has done many rental transactions

Appreciate if you can contact me at (65) 96608508 or Silviayang8@gmail.com with details of your unit
or click here https://bit.ly/WaSilvia to whatsapp me for no obligation discussion
Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Silvia Yang

Senior Marketing Director
ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd
Mobile: (65) 9660 8508
Email: Silviayang8@gmail.com
Wong Mei Foong
Dear owner,

I have some tenants in hand looking for room/whole unit rental. You can contact me and tell me more about your unit.
whatsapp me and quote "I have a room/unit for rent"

Call: 8938 7686 Mei Foong
Whatsapp: https://wa.me/6589387686

Best Regards,
Wong Mei Foong
8938 7686
Propnex Realty Pte Ltd
website: https://r063413e.propnex.net/