3 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

You will need to produce a valuation report if you want to use your CPF savings to purchase your property. This will help us decide the amount of CPF savings that you can use for your property.

Housing and Development Board (HDB) flat
The Board will only accept the value of the flat determined by HDB not more than three months from the date of application received by HDB on the documents (e.g. Option to purchase) from your agent.

Private property
The Board will only accept a valuation report, conducted by a licensed valuer not more than three months from the date of purchase.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru Read More


Mani Subramanian Veeramani

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/members/FAQ/schemes/housing/housing-scheme/FAQDetails?category=housing&group=Housing+Scheme&ajfaqid=2185383&folderid=11314 Read More


Robbie Chen Chee Howe

Yes, a Valuation report is needed should you require to use your CPF funds for the property that you're purchasing.

If it's a private property, a valuation could be done with a private valuer. If it is a HDB flat, you will have to submit for valuation request via the HDB resale portal, and HDB will appoint a valuer and give a valuation.

I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans.

Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
9748 6305
PropNex Realty Read More