2 Answers

YT Tan (陈永达)
Good morning Jocelyn,

If you are purchasing a resale HDB in Singapore, you have to dispose off any interest in your overseas property within 6 months from HDB 2nd appointment. This is also applicable to Singapore citizens as well.

But if you choose to purchase a private property (condos or apartments), you don't have to dispose off your interest in your overseas property.

Hope it helps!

If you need any assistance in your property purchase, feel free to contact me.

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
ECG Property Pte Ltd
(M): +65 9111 5171 
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W): www.yttan.com Read More
Lim Lek Boon Gary
Hi Jocelyn,
Is your another half a Singapore Citizen?

Consider to buy a condo instead of a hdb. 1st property buying under married couple SC-SPR can apply for remission of ABSD.

You may also visit http://www.buycondo.sg

Feel free to contact us for more details.

With regards,
Gary Lim (R009877B)
Mobile: +65 94507545 
Email: garylim.propnex@gmail.com Read More