3 Answers

Aaron Chong
Hi, I'm afraid the answer is nope and you are required to fulfill the MOP first before you could purchase a private unit.

aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More


Ivan Ng

Unfortunately no, you have to meet the MOP first before you can purchase private property. If you have a strong case you may wish to appeal with HDB. However, you mentioned the whole unit has been subletted out for many years, did you apply for approval to rent out because you were stationed overseas for work for long periods? Basically I'm just trying to find if your MOP has been computed correcrly. Thanks and hope to discuss further.

Warm regards
Ivan ERA
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/#!reviews/c11r1
(Client's Testimonials) Read More


  • JL
    Thanks so much for the help. Yes, I did get approval from HDB for the rental. However, the lease is expiring in a few months, do I need to leave it empty to for 2 years in order to meet MOP requirement? I am planning to move back to Singapore, not sure if there is any way for me to purchase a condo at this point?
YT Tan (陈永达)
Good morning,

Do take note that you are eligible to purchase a private property only when you fulfil your minimum occupation period.

Minimum occupation period is computed when the sellers physically occupy the unit and it excludes the period it is rented out. So you probably you have to check with HDB on your MOP.


Hope my explanation helps!

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727

(M): +65 9111 5171
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W): www.yttan.com
(W): www.propertyavenue.com.sg Read More