5 Answers

YT Tan (陈永达)
Good afternoon Allan,

You need to apply for approval from LDU under SLA if you are purchasing with your foreigner wife.

But to avoid all the hassle, I will recommend to purchase a landed solely under your name.

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance in your property purchase.

YT Tan
ECG Property
9111 5171
Yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com Read More


Ivan Ng
Hi Mr. Allan,

Only Singapore citizens are allowed to purchase landed property, hence you may wish to consider using your name only as a sole purchaser.

For Singapore PRs or foreigners, they have to apply for approval with SLA if they wish to purchase or jointly purchase with Singapore citizens, with regards to landed property.
More details at

May I know if I can assist further in your housing search? Thanks and hope to speak to you soon.

Warm regards,
Ivan ERA
Ivanng10@gmail.com Read More


Daniel Tan
Hello Mr Allan!

Good day to you!
I’m Daniel Tan from Huttons.

As ownership of landed residential properties in Singapore is subjected to the Residential Property Act, foreigner/entities have restrictions on owning land parcel / landed properties in Singapore.

However there are chances that you and your wife can jointly acquire the landed property; by apply for approval from the LDAU. The approval will usually take around 4 weeks with some fees applicable.

Alternatively, if possible, you may want to purchase the landed property solely under you name; which should not have any problem at all.

Any other queries?
Please always feel free to contact me for a non-obligated discussion on how I can assist you with your real estate needs.

Have a great day ahead.

Best Regards

Daniel Tan
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd
(+65) 94775100
daniel.tck@outlook.com Read More


Vincent Ong
Hi Allan, yes, you can. Purchase under your name. I have a brand new landed 3 storey with private lift sea view about $2.5 million or a freehold landed at about $2 million. Can me for viewing at 97959813 or email: agentsworld2014@gmail.com. I will send you the details. We shall also discuss on the chances of your wife joint purchase the landed with you. Thank you. Regards Vincent Ong DTZ. CEA reg: R052784C Read More


Geryl Lim
Dear Allan,

If your intention is to co-purchase the landed property, you will need to seek approval from the SLA's LDU. I have came across 2 such cases within my team the past 2 years who successfully got the approval although the purchasers were SPR. You may want to purchase under your sole name to make things less complicated as you will definitely be eligible to purchase a landed home if financially well equipped to take up the housing loan under your sole name. Let me know how we may assist you further. At Landed Dynamic Alliance, we have more than 200 landed homes for sale islandwide for our buyers.

Visit and Like my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/propertyblogshop


Geryl LIM
Real Estate Director
Masters Of Real Estate
M.O.R.E Property Pte Ltd (L3010548F)
CEA Reg R014783H
Mobile: +65-81577565/+65-92787772
Email: geryl7772@gmail.com

M.O.R.E Landed Dynamic Alliance
Home of *7772 Hotline
Check out our latest Landed Dynamic Alliance 7772 mobile application on iOS or Android @ "Landed 7772" in Mobile Apps Store or Play Store now!

Thanks to all those who have attended our vastly successful even on 2nd and 3rd August 2014, M.O.R.E Landed Dynamic Alliance Landed Homes Sales Exhibition! Register your interest with me today if you are looking to attend our next edition of the Landed Homes Sales Exhibition. Read More