Thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.
Yes, the grants that you have taken as well as interest accumulated will be returned into your CPF account when you have sold your HDB flat.
Hope this answers your question.
Care to share more about your concern?
I had clients who underwent annulment and had to sell off their EC bought directly from developer (1st hand) in the resale market. They had to return the CPF housing grants they received.
If you are referring to normal plain sale, housing grants in form of CPF OA funds will go back to your account.
If not probably you can share more about your situation so I will be in a better position to advise you further.
Hope my sharing helps in aiding in your enquiry. May I know how can I value add further in your property needs?
You dream. I create. We make it happen!
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants Graduate
Singapore Accredited Mortgage Planner
Do follow me on:
To find out what’s the estimated valuation of your existing house, try our SRX property tracker.
You will receive free sms update on a monthly basis.SRX property tracker: http://bit.ly/yt_proptrack
1) The grants received for your resale flat are subsidize from the government.
2) This is a type of financial assistance to encourage 1st timer couples to select resale flats instead of only waiting for BTO.
3) There are many reasons behind this subsidiary:
(a) The HDB worries about building too many BTO and crashes the whole HDB market.
(b) The cost of building many HDB flats at one go could inflate the materials cost.
4) Thus you won't need to pay back even after selling your flat. Unless the information provided is untrue that causes your eligibility for the grant to be invalid.
5) The grant provided will form part of your CPF.
6) But if you apply for BTO or new EC in the future, you will be subject to a resale levy. Thus you have to consider whether you really need this grant for the purchase.
7) For example if you are only eligible for a grant of $25k but your resale levy is $45k. You will have to think twice about whether this is worth applying.
Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.
Any response to our answer does not reach us.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly.