According to our data, over the past 8 years, Alexis recorded a -1.91% capital gains annualised over the past 8 years. Meanwhile, the rental yield averages 3.55%. Based on this, Alexis may be better as investment property for rental income rather than for capital appreciation.
We advise you to engage an agent who will be able to advise you in greater detail.
Hope this answers your question.
1) Alexis is a freehold apartment consists of 293 units, TOP in 2012.
2) The peak psf was in 2015 at $1,716. The avg psf now is around $1,337. Looking at the price trend for Alexis is a upside down "U" shape graph since 2009 till now.
3) There are 209 profit transactions, and 18 non-profit transactions. Profit transaction period starts from 2009 till 2021. Non-profit transactions are from 2016 to 2021. This explain the downward curve from the peak.
4) The main reason for a new project price is clawing upward is because there is only 1 owner (developer). Developer can decide and able to sustain the period not to reduce the price so as not to affet their profit eventually.
5) Once the resale cycle starts, it is individual selling 1 or at most 2 units in the same development. Thus some seller might willing to collect lower profit or even loss to dispose of the unit.
6) When such situation happened, no one is there to control the pricing. Every individual has their own tolerance level on profit and loss. Most of the time the resale price will be fluctuated around a threshold level.
7) In this Alexis, what we are seeing is every seller is selling lower and lower. Reasons could be many, one of it could be some felt they had make enough from the rental, and thus willing to let go even at breakeven price.
8) Usually when this happen, the unit will be selling cheaper and cheaper. Because the cheaper units are selling of and left behind those who are asking for higher price. These sellers had no choice but to let go at a lower price.
9) So for you to buy now, it sound cheap when compare to other new development. But if this price trend continue, it will be difficult for one individual to turn the whole price trend around.
Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: email@example.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.
Any response to our answer does not reach us.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly.
If you are buying for investment and want to sell at a profit a few years later, Alexis may not be a good option because if you had looked into the price trend and transaction data for Alexis, you would realize that this project had reached its peak in 2014 and it has been on the down trend since then.
If you are buying this for investment, you will need to be mentally prepared that you will not be able to earn a profit. Please feel free to contact me so that I can share with you more on how to spot a property with upside potential.
(M) +65 9644 4854
SEAA Salespersons Achievement Platinum Award 2020
Visit my website to know me better: www.nicktan.com.sg
I was featured recently on Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) Newsletter:
I have written a guide on buying Residential Property:
Testimonial from Satisfied Clients
“Nick is a responsible, efficient and excellent salesperson. He has very good knowledge of the real estate market and I benefited a lot from his advice and sharing. He is extremely patient when guiding me through the buying process and I am happy to secure a dream house within my budget with his assistance. A highly recommended salesperson who made my house hunting journey a breeze.”
Ms Chia (Buyer)
“Nick provides a delightful customer experience from day one when I engage him as my agent to look for a flat of my choice to the completion of the deal. He is competent, resourceful and has a pleasant manner to work with. He is the Agent of my choice in dealing with properties and I would highly recommend him to others who would appreciate an agent that takes care and can give the customer a peaceful mind.”
“Nick is very pro-active in helping us to resolve whatever questions and problems that we encountered. All the issues are settled even before us having to request or ask for a second time. He was very frank and transparent with all the details, limitations and advantages that we wouldn’t have known. I think this is the most important virtue to be successful in this line. I will surely recommend him to anyone who needs his service because I trust that they will be equally satisfied!!”
Mr and Mrs Chan (Sold and Bought a property through Nick)
“We are very grateful to Nick for his extensive marketing efforts. With his comprehensive marketing plan, he helped us to achieve a record selling price within 2 weeks of listing our property for sale! We highly recommend his service to anyone who is keen to sell their properties.”
Mr & Mrs Wong (Property Seller)
“Nick has conducted himself ethically and professionally when handling the sales of our property. Thanks to his patience and perseverance, we managed to secure a sales price beyond our expectations.
We are very happy and satisfied with his services and will definitely recommend him to our friends and family in the future.”
Mr & Mrs Tan (Seller of Inter-Terrace House)
I would be most glad to assist you further and please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance. Have a good day ahead. By the way, I don’t think you would be making a loss for this project and even if the valuation does not seem to match what you are looking for by then, you could consider renting it out as this project has a good rental yield.
It will be really depend on what it is you are looking for, are you looking for rental income or capital appreciation?
I will be glad to assist
Appreciate if you can contact me at (65) 96608508 or Silviayang8@gmail.com
or click here https://bit.ly/WaSilvia to whatsapp me for no obligation discussion
Senior Marketing Director
ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd
Mobile: (65) 9660 8508
Mark, your RIGHT choice
If you're looking to purchase for your own stay, and if you like the environment, then you may wish to proceed, because it's something you like.
However, if you're looking to purchase for investment, I would recommend you to look at Commonwealth Towers instead. I do have a unit that's selling with good tenancy which you can consider.
I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans. Please get in touch with me for a more in-depth discussion.
Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.