1 Answer

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

You will need to meet your 5-year Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) before you are allowed to rent out your HDB flat.

You will need to log in to your My HDBPage with your SingPass, go under Purchased Flat and then Renting Out to apply for HDB's approval. You will need to pay an administrative fee of $20. Upon approval, you will be required to include the tenants' particulars and register them with HDB.

Do note the minimum rental period for an HDB flat is 6 months.

A landlord is required to check original NRIC or FINS of the tenants and occupiers for forgery and make copies, check photographs on NRICs or FINS against the actual persons to confirm identity and verify the validity of the passes with MOM database and/or ICA database. As an added due diligence, you may also ask for letter of employment from employer. This is to deter illegal immigrants or vice activities. This is required by the Council of Estate Agencies for compliance with the Immigration and Women's Charter.

An agent typically charges half month fee for a year's rental and a full month's fee for a 2-year lease.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru Read More