3 Answers

Jaslin Poh
Hi Melissa,

You may wish to write in to HDB for approval & once approved you may wish to appoint a relative/friend to be the Power Of Attorney (POA) to facilitate you to rent out your unit. This will save you few trips back to settle this issue.

Best regards
Jaslin (HSR)
Mobile 83339131 Read More


Wee-Ling Chew
Dear Melissa, you can apply to the HDB for approval to rent out your new flat, on the basis that both the owners (you and your husband) are working overseas. Do note that you will need to fulfill the Minimum Occupation Period once you are back home.

Please contact me if you require further assistance.


Best Regards,

Wee-Ling Chew (R045281I)
SRI5000 - Elite Division of SLP Realty (L3009793I)

M: (65) 9851-5470
E: weeling.chew@gmail.com Read More


Johnny Goh Mui Huat
Hi Melissa,

Yes, you can. Pls write in to HDB for approval, normally they will allowed. However, you need to provide document that both of you are overseas.

Secondly, it is compulsory that you need to get a Power of Attorney during this period.

I had experience handling such cases before.

Feel free to contact me if you need my assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Johnny Goh
Dennis Wee Realty Pte Ltd
Group Director
Mobile: 90906267
Email: johnnygohmh@dwg.com.sg
Website: johnnygohproperty.com Read More