3 Answers

Any change of ownership will require HDB approval and your dad will also need to be agreeable to it, otherwise you may wish to speak to a lawyer for professional legal advise. Read More
I understand this is a complicated situation. Here's a breakdown of your options regarding your HDB flat and your upcoming BTO:

Removing Father's Name from Current Flat:

Difficulties: Unfortunately, in Singapore, HDB does not allow removing a co-owner's name from a flat ownership unless it's due to death or a divorce.


Joint Tenancy Agreement Review: You can review the existing Joint Tenancy agreement to see if there are any clauses addressing situations like fallouts or inactivity of co-owners. In rare cases, such agreements might outline a process for removing a co-owner. However, this is uncommon.

Reaching an Agreement: The most viable option might be to negotiate with your father. Explain your desire to remove his name and the BTO situation. If he understands the benefits of him having his name free (e.g., renting an HDB flat), he might be willing to cooperate in a sale and purchase agreement. This would involve selling the current flat and dividing the proceeds (minus selling costs) according to the ownership share.

Consult HDB: It's crucial to contact HDB directly to discuss your specific situation. They can provide the most accurate and up-to-date information on your options for both your current flat and the BTO application.

Legal Advice: Considering the complexities of your situation, consulting a qualified property lawyer** might be beneficial. They can help you understand your legal rights and navigate the process of potentially removing your father's name or adding your wife's name under the current circumstances.

Important Note:

While your uncles might have advised removing your father's name, the feasibility is low based on HDB regulations. Focus on exploring alternative solutions like negotiation or consulting relevant professionals.

I hope this information helps! Remember, the situation requires open communication with your fiancée and potentially seeking professional guidance for the best outcome. Read More
IF you Need Further Help For Property such as Renting / Selling / Buying or Investing ,...

I am Sorry that This platform does not allow me to direct contact you.

To further assist you, please feel free to contact me via WhatsApp at 9856 9255  or through this link: https://wa.me/6598569255.

My services come with no obligations, and I'm here to help with any questions or assistance you need.

You can check out my reviews here: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/agent/able-s-k-toh-61591.

For buyers, I offer solutions for sourcing resale and new private homes at no charge.

I can connect you with reputable bankers for private housing loans free of charge and with no obligation.

I also have partners to assist with mortgage home insurance matters.

Let's seal this affinity by technology; please PM me your contact for assistance with your real estate needs. So, I believe in Affinity (Chinese word: 缘份) :), let's SEAL this AFFINITY Not by blood but by Technology > Please PM, Private Message your contact so that I CAN BE (EXTRA) PAIR OF HANDS / BRAIN and LEGS to Assist you NOW or FUTURE REAL ESTATE NEEDS!

*** You can reach me at my Singapore mobile: +65 9856 9255  or email me at Able.selling@gmail.com.

From: ABLE Toh- Your Property ASSISTANT :)

“ i am ABLE to Help As Much As You are ABLE To PM (Private Message) me ”