5 Answers


Your first consideration is: have you fulfilled the MOP for your current HDB unit. Having it for more than 5 years does not equate to fulfilling MOP.
If you are looking at getting resale EC, income ceiling of $12k does not impact you. With income statement or company employment letter from your company, banks will still be able to process with your mortgage loan application.
Does your current HDB still on mortgage? If so, you will only be eligible for 50% loan where 25% of the down payment must be made in cash and balance 25% in CPF and/or cash.

Do contact me for further discussion.

Mike Lim
ERA Read More
1. as long you can provide the proved of income (salary records) bank will likely approve
2. 12K is the cap for new EC.

Since you own a hdb, 7% ABSD is payable for the purchase of EC or condo. Please feel free to drop me an email for me to share more on the details and advises.

I can be contactable at my mobile or email.

CK Ang
 9046 3808 
res.ckang@gmail.com Read More

Have the applicants of the hdb physically occupied it for 5 years? If not, you may wish to confirm with HDB if officially the 5 years MOP is met before you can proceed with any 2nd property purchase.

Yes you will be eligible for property loan in SG even your income is sourced overseas, provided you provide relevant documents.

For new EC, 12K is the maximum. Chances are low if your application exceeds that figure.

For resale EC and private condo, there's no income ceiling cap. Thanks and hope.to assist further

Warm regards,
Ivan ERA
Www.ivanng10.com Read More
Hi there,

Please feel free to contact me at 96659926  for a non obligatory discussion for me to better understand your requirements and specifications to be in a better position to advise you further in the most detailed and thorough manner, for me to very comprehensively chart out your financial calculations flow and for us to explore the available options and alternative. I am currently assisting my client in his purchase of his EC at the North as well.

Rest assured, I will walk you through the entire process- assisting you all the way from finding the perfect property to negotiating for the best price to post deal paperwork, to establishing financial calculations and ascertaining risks.

Visit my website to view my testimonials & recent awards to gather more information on me: www.kumarrai.com

D Kumar
 +65 96659926 
ERA Associate Division Director

About Me-

ERA Top Achievers 2013/14
ERA Multi-Million Dollar Club Award
2014 ERA Asia-Pacific Business Conference Elite Award

P Group-
2014 Overall Top Achievers
2014 December ERA Top Achievers
2014 3rd Quarter ERA Top Achievers
2014 August ERA Top Achievers
2014 September ERA Top Achievers Read More
YT Tan (陈永达)
Good evening upgrader,

I might have to inform you that you are not eligible to purchase a new EC with your non citizen spouse as she needs to be at least a SPR to be eligible under the Public Scheme.


Thus you might have to turn to resale EC or private property. If you want to avoid ABSD, you have to dispose off your interest in current HDB.

1) transfer ownership to parents. Your parents must be financially capable to pay you back the amount of CPF OA funds plus interest you have utilized and to take on a mortgage loan.

2) sell your HDB in resale market.

Hope my explanation helps!

If you need further advice or assistance, feel free to contact me.

Hear from you soon!

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727

(M): +65 9111 5171 
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W):www.propertyavenue.com.sg Read More
  • LM
    Hi, i think non citizen spouse is OK as long as family nucleus consist at least another SC or SPR. as for my case, my kid is SC so its allowed.

    thanks for the answers to #1 and #2. very useful