5 Answers

Robbie Chen Chee Howe

Based on your described situation, it is not feasible for you to go for a resale HDB flat, as you will be required to dispose off all interests in residential properties (foreign and local) upon the purchase. You will also need to serve a 5-year MOP before you can rent out the whole unit.

You are also not eligible for brand new EC too as the income ceiling is $14,000. You can however go for a resale EC, which is considered a private property itself and there is no income ceiling for private properties.

Should you need any further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
9748 6305
PropNex Realty Read More


Gavin Ng

You may buy a private condominium.

I am currently serving a buyer who is in similar situation as you. He is looking to buy a property either a new project or resale with the intention to rent out first.

You may want to write to gavin.ng@orangetee.com for further enquiries.


Gavin Read More


Yvonne Low

Would you consider getting a private apartment that will be ready within the next few years? You can choose to rent it out or stay in it when you are back.

Reason being, you and your spouse are not eligible to buy a HDB/ EC base on the income ceiling. And further more, you can't rent it out within the next 5 years and you have to dispose your overseas property within 6 months from key collection.

Hope to know more info and your requirements so as to better assist you.

Warmest Regards,

Yvonne Low
Associate Group Director
PropNex Realty Pte Ltd
Powerful Negotiators #1 Team in PropNex
E: y.lowps@gmail.com Read More


Ivan Ng

You will not be eligible for brand new EC from developer as it exceeds the income criteria. For resale HDB its possible, but you will have to dispose your overseas property which I believe is not part of your plans. Further, you can't rent out the whole unit as the 5 year MOP needs to be met.

You might want to consider private properties where rental can cover the mortgage, and has decent investment potential. Unlike HDB, you can rent out the private property immediately once purchased.

May I have more info and requirements about your plans so to make better recommendations? Thanks and look forward to value-add to your housing plans.

Warm Regards,
(ASk Anything Property)
Proactive. Sincerity. Feedback.
SMU BBM (Finance), Magna Cum Laude

Email: Ivanng10@gmail.com
Contact: (+65) 97432395
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ASAProp
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/clientreviews
(Client's Testimonials) Read More


YT Tan (陈永达)
Good morning buyer,

You have the following choices:

1) resale EC
2) private property

As you have an overseas private property, you are not eligible to apply for new HDB and EC.

Since you wont be back that soon, no point purchasing a HDB cause you need to fulfill 5 years minimum occupation period (need to physically stay inside) before you can rent.

Thus you are left with 2 choices: resale ec and private property.

Resale EC are usually EC that are at least 5 years old. It's like a private property just that foreigners only can buy it after 10 years (privatised).

Actually nowadays there are a few projects that are competitively priced like a brand new EC. Will you be keen?

If not why not do share with me your requirements, I will provide you with more suggestions.

Hope to hear from you soon!

- Your Freehold Ally, Leasehold Tactician -

Like me on FB:www.facebook.com/yt.tan91115171

Warmest Regards,

YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Associate Group Director
Propnex Realty Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3008022J
Blk 480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, #11-95 HDB Hub East Wing, Singapore 310480

(M): +65 9111 5171
(E): yt.tan91115171@gmail.com
(FB): www.facebook.com/yt.tan91115171/ Read More