2 Answers


1) Only Singapore Citizen and PR can be owner of HDB. Thus foreigner is automatically become occupier only.

2) Once husband becomes a PR, he can buy private property under his name and pay buyer stamp duty and ABSD if applicable accordingly.

3) In additional, if Wife can always buy with husband whether or not he is occupier only under "Non-Citizen" scheme for resale HDB. This is not an issue.
Since wife is Singapore Citizen, she may also eligible for some CPF grant to lighten her purchase burden. But do note that there are also some other reason that prefer not to apply for grant. This is greatly dependent on future plan.

Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more queries, please feel free to contact me at 90110636  , or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer do not reach us until we scroll through each and every queries posted daily.
The best way to get a follow up is to whatsapp or email us directly. Read More
Robbie Chen Chee Howe

Wife is eligible to purchase a resale HDB under "Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme", with the Husband as an "essential occupier".

Husband will only be able to purchase a private property after they had served the 5-year MOP for the HDB flat. He will be treated as a first timer.

If your objective is to own 2 properties, and yet wish to minimize the amount of stamp duty to be paid, there may some options which you may consider.

Should you need any further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305  . I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
 9748 6305 
PropNex Realty Read More