6 Answers

Mani Subramanian Veeramani

Here's a detailed answer to your concern:

- If your boyfriend is listed as an occupier in his mother's flat, it doesn't affect his ability to own a flat in the future.
- However, if he becomes a co-owner of the new 4-room flat, he will need to fulfill the 5-year Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) before he can buy another HDB flat or sell his share.
- As an occupier, your boyfriend’s status is different from being a co-owner, so he wouldn’t be bound by the MOP in the same way.
- It's important to clarify the roles and implications with HDB before making any decisions.

- With my extensive experience in navigating HDB regulations and family-related property issues, I can provide you with precise advice tailored to your situation.
- I can help you understand the nuances of HDB policies to ensure you make informed decisions.

- Let's connect to discuss your situation in detail. I can guide you through the process and help you understand the implications of each option.
- Reach out to me directly for personalized assistance.

Thank you.

Family realtor solved 1000+ property problems,
- Mani Subramanian Veeramani
Social Media Tags: @AskRealtorMani #AskRealtorMani /AskRealtorMani
Top 1% Real Estate Voice LinkedIn Singapore
PS: Here is the list of Below Market Value Properties
https://linktr.ee/AskRealtorMani Read More

Yes once your partner is added into the purchase application of the next flat, he has to fulfil another 5 years MOP before he can apply for the next HDB with you. If his CPF or income is not going to be used, may not be required to add his name as essential occupier since his mum can buy as a single divorcee owner.

Hope the above clarifies. I am well-versed with HDB and private property transactions, having helped more than 100 homeowners transit smoothly with their housing plans. Please reach out to me at 97432395  for a more in-depth discussion :)

May I have more info on your requirements so as to make better recommendations? Thanks and looking forward to chat more

Warm Regards,

Ivan Ng Realtor
ERA Senior Marketing Director
ERA Multiple Diamond Award Achiever

SEAA Salesperson Achievement Award (Gold)
SEAA Singapore Accredited Mortgage Planner (SAMP)

ERA Top 11th Achiever in Feb 2024 (Top 1% Company Level)
ERA Top 64th Achiever in March 2024 (Top 1% Company Level)
ERA Top 37th Achiever in Oct 2023 (Top 1% Company Level)
ERA Top 93th Achiever for Full-Year 2020 (Top 1.5% Company Level)
ERA Top 11th Achiever in June 2020 (Top 1% Company Level)

SMU BBM (Finance), Magna Cum Laude
Proactive. Sincerity. Feedback.

Contact: (+65) 97432395 
Whatsapp: wa.me/6597432395
Email: Ivanng10@gmail.com
IG: instagram.com/ivanngrealtor
WeChat: ivanng10
FB: fb.com/IvanNgRealtor
Web: ivanng10.com/clientreviews
(Client's Testimonials)
CEA: R052114D

**Note: We are not prompted when you respond here, hence please get in touch directly. Look forward to hear from you soon! ** Read More
Robbie Chen Chee Howe
Hi Miss,

Yes, your boyfriend would have to fulfill the MOP if he is being listed as an essential occupier for the 4RM BTO flat that she's intending to purchase.

However, is she's looking to purchase a resale HDB flat, she need not list your boyfriend as an essential occupier.

I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans. Please get in touch with me for a more in-depth discussion.

Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile +65 97 48 63 05. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
+65 97 48 63 05
PropNex Realty Read More
Tan Pei Cheng (Pei)
I would be glad to assist you.
Feel free to contact me at wa.me/6597100155 .
Hope to hear from you soon.
Mobile: (65) 9 7 1 0 0 1 5 5.
Email: peicheng.tan@propnex.com
Associate Group Director
Propnex Realty Pte Ltd

https://r011838b.propnex.net Read More
wning an HDB Flat with Boyfriend (Occupier vs. Co-owner)
Boyfriend as Occupier in Mom's Flat:

No impact: This won't affect his future ability to buy his own HDB flat.
Boyfriend as Co-owner of Your 4-Room Flat:

Minimum Occupation Period (MOP): If he co-owns the flat with you, he'll need to live there for 5 years (MOP) before buying another HDB flat or selling his share.
Key Difference:

Occupier vs. Co-owner: Being an occupier is different from being a co-owner. Occupier status doesn't restrict him the same way co-ownership does.

Check with HDB: Before deciding, confirm the exact implications (occupier vs. co-owner) with HDB to avoid any future limitations.
WhatsApp me at: ABLE Toh >>9856 9255 or through this link.:https://wa.me/6598569255


"If you need more assistance with property matters:

like renting / selling, buying / or investing, I'm here to help!

WhatsApp me at: ABLE Toh >>9856 9255 or through this link.:https://wa.me/6598569255

(Unfortunately, this platform doesn't allow direct contact, but you can easily reach me )

(***) You can check out my reviews here: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/agent/able-s-k-toh-61591.

For buyers, I offer solutions for sourcing resale and new private homes at no charge.

I can connect you with reputable bankers for private housing loans free of charge and with no obligation.

I also have partners to assist with mortgage home insurance matters.

Let's seal this affinity by technology; please PM me your contact for assistance with your real estate needs. So, I believe in Affinity (Chinese word: 缘份) :), let's SEAL this AFFINITY Not by blood but by Technology > Please PM, Private Message your contact so that I CAN BE (EXTRA) PAIR OF HANDS / BRAIN and LEGS to Assist you NOW or FUTURE REAL ESTATE NEEDS!

*** You can reach me at my Singapore mobile: (+65)>>9856 9255>> or email me at Able.selling@gmail.com.

From: ABLE Toh- Your Property ASSISTANT :)

“ i am ABLE to Help As Much As You are ABLE To PM (Private Message) me ”