3 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

To buy an HDB flat, you must not own other property overseas or locally.

However, you can write to HDB to check if you can keep the property or if you have very good reasons to do so.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru
Kelvin Tay
Hi, Good day to you.

Unfortunately you cannot apply for a BTO unless you dispose of the property and wait out for 30 mths.

Feel free to contact me if you have other questions or interested to explore other options. Have a great day.

Yours sincerely,
Kelvin Tay

Associate Group Director | Propnex Singapore
BSc Business Analytics
Dip. Building & Real Estate Management

Ling CK

1) The restriction of owning overseas residential property is clearly spelled by HDB.
2) You are only able to apply for BTO 30 months later after disposing local and/or overseas residential property.

Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer does not reach us.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly.