2 Answers

Albert Wong
Hi Ivan,

You can check with HDB whether you are eligible to purchase your neighbour's flat.

If yes, and you buy it, you will have to sell your private property within 6 months as required by the new MAS rules.

This is considered a new sale based on current purchase date.

I hope that you get a clearer picture after this.


Albert Wong
Senior Marketing Director
ERA Realty Network
Mobile - 90627979 Read More


Ally Chin
Hi Ivan

Thanks your question.

If you have set-up a family than you are eligible to apply for the conversion but subject to hdb's approval though.

Nonetheless you need to check still with hdb branch office for detailed info on how to go about it.

Feel free to contact me should i can be of further assistance. =)

Propnex Realty P/L
Mobile 811 222 13 Read More