5 Answers

Ivan Ng

Typically buyers and sellers will pay their respective agents their respective commissions, as they have protected their respective clients interest to get them the best deal.

You may want to consider to engage your own as well so to ensure a smooth and professional transaction. The benefits easily outweigh the fees and potential legal liability. Thanks and hope to assist with your plans further.

Warm Regards,
(ASk Anything Property)
Proactive. Sincerity. Feedback.
SMU BBM (Finance), Magna Cum Laude

Email: Ivanng10@gmail.com
Contact: (+65) 97432395
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ASAProp
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/#!reviews/c11r1
(Client's Testimonials) Read More


Aaron Chong
Hi, if you are referring to private property, then nope you do not have to pay any commission at all. And it is advisable to engage an agent to assist you as well because your servicing agent would be able to show you the recent valuation as well as the transaction of surrounding units by using the subscribed website. And the best part is that you do not need to pay your servicing agent as well. Pls feel free to let me know if you need any assistance.

9730 8455
aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More


Steven Wang
Hi friend,
Typically, buyers of private properties need not pay commission. Only sellers pay commission.

However for HDB, both parties need to pay a commission to their respective agents.

For all property types, it is advisable to engage an agent to assist you.

As trained agent, we have more exposure and come in touch with a lot of projects.

We are always bound by CEA regulations to ensure that your interests are taken care of.

If you go without an agent, the seller's agent will be looking after the seller's interest, and not yours.

With all the regulations and measures in placed, an agent will ensure that the transaction is smooth and does not violate any regulations.

Do contact me for my service if you want to engage an agent to help you with your search and purchase.

Steven Wang
DTZ Property Network Pte Ltd
9169 5023 Read More


YT Tan (陈永达)
Good evening buyer,

Real estate salesperson in Singapore are not allowed to dual represent both seller and buyer in a same transaction thus we are prohibited from collecting commission from both parties to prevent conflict of interest.

If you are keen to engage a salesperson to advise you in your HDB purchase, then you have to pay commission to him.

If it's a private transaction, usually buyers dont pay commission. I will collect from developer or seller's agent.

Hope my explanation helps!

If you need further assistance or advice in your property purchase, feel free to contact me. Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727

(M): +65 9111 5171
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W): www.yttan.com
(W): www.propertyavenue.com.sg Read More


Tricia Tan 陈丽子
I would love to assist you through the entire process from consultation of financial breakdown, timeline to search of your property.
You may reach me via 91442664 for a discussion.
Tricia Tan Read More