6 Answers

askguru expert
Hi Chye, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

Unfortunately, that information is incorrect. According to the rules, if you want to buy an HDB flat, then you will need to sell your private property within 6 months of the flat purchase. Do note that you are not eligible for a CPF Housing Grant or an HDB housing loan if you own a private property. More details on eligibility requirements here: https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/resale/eligibility-

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards, Team PropertyGuru
askguru expert
Aaron Chong
Hi, single citizen can only buy resale EC.

9730 8455
Gavin Ng

I am able to assist you if you could write to gavin.ng@orangetee.com


D. Kumar

As a single, you may purchase a resale EC or private condo.
Perhaps you can contact me at 96659926 for a non obligatory discussion for me to understand your requirements , specifications as well as finances on hand (Cash/CPF amalgamation) to be in a better position to conduct the financial calculations plan with payment breakdown timeline - in order to shortlist and construct a customised list of units in line with your requirements to explore, for you perusal.

The purchase of private property requires no agent fees and as such- I will walk you through the entire process from selecting developments/ units , arranging viewings, handling bank/loan liase, prepping the financial plan and timeline, as well as arrange for your legal processing matters and all paperwork at no cost. Furthermore, I will take the opportunity to run you run through :
(1) Key Financial Loan approval process for purchase (IPA) + Financial Computations/ Payment Breakdown
(2) Offer insights to the property market outlooks
(3) Explain the entire purchase procedural framework involved - what happens post option to purchase (OTP) , step by step
(4) Computing and sharing past and present transaction caveats, illustration of price analysis as well as churning a customised sales report with projected returns/ future approx capital gains % for you to observe and understand the value and residential capital appreciation yield. Thank You!

Visit my website for my recent accolades, awards and testimonials@ www.kumarrai.com.

D Kumar
+65 96659926
ERA Associate Division Director

#1 team of ERA in Singapore, Asia Pacific International for 2014/5/6/7

ERA 2015 Q1 Top Achievers (Top1%)
ERA Top Achievers 2013-2017
ERA Multi-Million Dollar Club Award
2014-2017 ERA Asia-Pacific Business Conference Elite Award

P Group
Overall Top 100 achievers 2014-2017
Ling CK

As a Single Singapore Citizen, you are allowed to purchase any resale HDB, DBSS and EC.

The difference mainly is the grant available for different type of flats. A resale EC is no longer consider HDB flat, it is treated as a private property, thus no longer eligible to any grants.

There are no income limits to make the purchase.

Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more queries, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer do not reach us until we scroll through each and every queries posted daily.
The best way to get a follow up is to whatsapp or email us directly.