4 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there,

Thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

In order to become an agent, one will need to register for the Real Estate Salesperson (RES) Course. Here are the requirements:

1. Be at least 21 years of age at the time of registering for the RES Course.
2. Posseses one of the following qualifications:
a) a minimum 4 GCE ‘O’/’A’ level credits OR
b) recognised Diploma from local polytechnics (NYP/NP/SP/TP/RP) OR
c) recognised Degree from local universities (NUS/NTU/SMU/SUTD/SUSS) OR
d) recognised Master National ITE Cert (Master Nitec) / Higher National ITE Cert (Higher Nitec) OR
e) Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Assessment Level 5 in Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening & Numeracy
F) Private / foreign qualifications are subject to CEA approval prior to course registration

The Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) requires all property agents to enrol in the compulsory Real Estate Salesperson (RES) Course and then pass the RES examinations. You will be given a 2-year period to pass the examinations. The courses are provided for by several private training bodies. On top of that, you must be at least 21-years-old, possesses the prescribed educational qualifications (a minimum of 4 GCE O’Level passes or equivalent) or experience, will be or is employed by a licensed real estate agency as a salesperson and you do not hold a licence as any other real estate agency. You must also not hold or is an employee, a director or a partner of a person who holds a moneylender’s licence. Lastly, you must comply with requirements including continuing education (such as taking up compulsory courses to renew your licence).

Find out more about the WPLN Assessment and RES course here: https://www.cea.gov.sg/professionals/salesperson-registration-matters/apply-for-the-real-estate-salesperson-course

The RES Course will cost around $800 depending on the course provides. However, you can offset the course fee by using your SkillsFuture Credit. You can refer to CEA's link here on the various course providers: https://www.cea.gov.sg/professionals/salesperson-registration-matters/apply-for-the-real-estate-salesperson-course

The examination fees are $417.30 (incl. GST) for 2 papers and $235.40 (incl. GST) for each individual paper.

Once you have passed your RES courses and examinations, you may wish to join any real estate agencies in Singapore. Do note that you cannot conduct any real estate agency work without a licence. All salespersons will have to be registered by the CEA. Anyone who contravenes the Estate Agents Act shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine up to $25,000 or to an imprisonment of up to a year.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,
Team PropertyGuru Read More


YT Tan (陈永达)
Good evening,

Do you have a minimum 4 o level passes? If yes, you can register for res course and clear res exams and join an agency as a real estate salesperson.

If you happen to have academic qualification like diploma or degree in real estate, you could apply to be one straight away.

What kind of information do you have on hand? Have you research on course providers, agencies etc?

Best regards,

YT Tan
Property Kaki
You dream. I create. We make it happen!
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants Graduate
Singapore Accredited Mortgage Planner

Mobile: 91115171
Email: yt.tan91115171@gmail.com

Do follow me on:

IG: instagram.com/propertykaki
FB: https://www.fb.com/propertykaki/
YouTube: https://bit.ly/Youtube_PropertyKaki

To find out what’s the estimated valuation of your existing house, try our SRX property tracker.

You will receive free sms update on a monthly basis.SRX property tracker: http://bit.ly/yt_proptrack Read More


Ling CK

1) I find the information provided by PropertyGuru is sufficient to state the minimum requirement.
2) Courses and course centers are provided as well.
3) You may decide which agency to join once you passed your exam.
4) You have to approach an agent who is with the agency to attend their recruitment activities such as seminars and incentives provided.

Hope the above answer your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer does not reach us until we scroll through each and every query posted daily.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly. Read More


Andrew Yap
Hi, I am William Goh, hp 9477-3900, and I am using Andrew’s account to reply you. Andrew is my business partner.
To be a real estate salesperson in Singapore, you must be a Singapore citizen or a SPR, with GCE 4 O level passes, then enrol for RES course & passed the RES exams. If you do not have 4 O levels, you need to take WPLN course & pass level 5 then eligible to enrol for RES course.
For further info on qualifications matter, I suggest you check from CEA:
To know more about me (William Goh) and RES journey, I sincerely welcome you to visit my website:
Lastly, please feel free to email, call/WA me (William Goh) @9477-3900, to arrange 1-1 meet-up to discuss more, strictly no obligations. Look forward to hear from you.
Best Regards, William Goh, mobile 9477-3900
Senior Group District Director
Team Leader/Recruitment/Training
CEA Reg No: 010617A
Powerful Negotiator, The No 1 Team in PropNex
Email: williamgoh88@gmail.com
PropNex Realty Pte Ltd
CEA Reg No: 3008022J Read More