Tiong Seng-led joint venture acquires Cairnhill Heights for $72.6m

Romesh Navaratnarajah2 Apr 2018

Cairnhill Heights

The purchase price of Cairnhill Heights is lower than the initial asking price of over $80 million.

TSky Development, a joint venture between construction firm Tiong Seng Holdings and investment holding company Ocean Sky International, has agreed to acquire the Cairnhill Heights condominium at 16 Cairnhill Rise for $72.6 million.

To be funded by TSky Development’s internal resources and bank facilities, the purchase price is lower than the sellers’ initial asking price of over $80 million.

More: Cairnhill Heights eyes $80mil in collective sale tender

Located in prime District 9 near the Orchard Road shopping belt and Mount Elizabeth Hospital, the freehold development sits on an approximately 15,407 sq ft site zoned for residential use with a gross plot ratio of 2.8.

The site could be redeveloped into a residential development of around 42 units based on an average size of 1,022 sq ft, the two companies said in an SGX filing on Monday (2 Apr).

Tiong Seng holds a 60 percent stake in TSky Development, while Ocean Sky owns the remaining 40 percent.

Both companies do not expect the acquisition to materially affect their net tangible assets and earnings per share for the current financial year ending 31 December.


Romesh Navaratnarajah, Senior Editor at PropertyGuru, edited this story. To contact him about this or other stories, email romesh@propertyguru.com.sg


You may also like these articles

Oxley acquires Ampas Apartments in Balestier for $95m

The freehold Ampas Apartments comprises 43 units and has a site area of 30,239 sq ft.Homegrown developer Oxley Holdings has agreed to acquire all 43 units in the freehold Ampas Apartments for $95 mill

Continue Reading28 Mar 2018

En bloc fever spreads to property auction market

More properties being sold at auction.Investors are apparently searching for homes in the auction market that can be sold in future for a good profit via collective sale, according to an Edmund Tie &a

Continue Reading29 Mar 2018

Strongest first quarter on record for Singapore investment sales

Residential collective sales dominate with $5.83 billion worth of deals. UPDATED: Property investment sales in Singapore achieved its best ever recorded first quarter, reaching a staggering $10.84 bil

Continue Reading29 Mar 2018