Keppel Land in JV for two condominium projects in Bangkok

Keshia Faculin24 Nov 2017


Keppel Land has entered into a conditional joint venture agreement with Thai property developer KPN LAND Co., Ltd (KPN LAND) to acquire two prime sites in Bangkok for a total amount of 2.2 billion baht (S$90.6 million).

The partners, which intend to develop two premium freehold condominium projects on the sites, will jointly manage the projects. Keppel Land will own a 49 percent stake in the two projects, while the remaining 51 percent will be held by KPN LAND.

Keppel Land’s share for the total development cost of the two projects is estimated to be about 2.8 billion baht (S$115 million).

Located within a prime residential enclave on Sukhumvit soi 19, the first site, which spans around 1,600 sq m, will be developed into a 24-storey condominium tower comprising 140 units with a net saleable area of around 8,000 sq m.

The second site, on the other hand, is located within a well-established residential district on Sukhumvit soi 28 and spans around 3,200 sq m. It will be developed into a 30-storey condominium tower featuring 265 units with a net saleable area of around 16,000 sq m.

In an SGX filing, Keppel Land revealed that the two projects will “offer luxury apartments in one- and two-bedroom configurations”.

“We continue to seek opportunities in the Bangkok real estate market and are confident of the potential of Thailand’s property market, especially in Bangkok, which is benefitting from increasing urbanisation, a growing middle class as well as improving infrastructure, all of which support the demand for quality lifestyle projects with strong attributes and value offerings located in Bangkok’s CBD,” said Keppel Land CEO Ang Wee Gee.

Construction works for both developments is set to begin around the third quarter of 2018.


This article was edited by Keshia Faculin.


You may also like these articles

Yoma joint venture to build residential units in Myanmar

By Nikki De Guzman:Singapore-listed Yoma Strategic Holdings through its wholly-owned subsidiary SPA Project Management, has inked a deal with Dragages Singapore - part of Bouygues Construction, to joi

Continue Reading4 Apr 2013

Thakral joint venture buys two properties in Australia for retirement housing

Artist's impression of the amenities at a Living Gems over 50s resort. GTH Resorts, a joint venture between TCAP Partners and PVAP, has acquired its first two properties in Queensland, Australia. T

Continue Reading20 Sep 2016

Heeton Holdings, Koh Brothers sell joint venture for S$41.6mil

 Heeton Holdings, via its wholly-owned subsidiary Heeton Land Pte Ltd, along with Koh Brothers’ unit, Koh Brothers Development, have sold their respective 50 percent shareholdings in their join

Continue Reading20 Jul 2017