3 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

The temporary extension of stay is regarded as a private arrangement between the flat sellers and buyers.

The buyers and sellers must fulfil their respective obligations and responsibilities under the terms of the temporary extension of stay.

You can offer monetary compensation to the seller in return for asking them to move out earlier than then 3 months extension.

HDB will not mediate in this case as it is considered a private arrangement.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru
Robbie Chen Chee Howe

You could speak to the Buyer of your property on an extension of stay. Your agent should have planned this Timeline for you, so you will not encounter such a problem now.

I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans. Please get in touch with me for a more in-depth discussion.

Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
9748 6305
PropNex Realty
Ling CK

1) Legally, there is nothing that can be done since an agreement is an agreement. Cannot revert.

2) Now only discuss with your buyer and seller to narrow the gap. To seller to reduce extension, and buyer to extend the extension.
You only need 2 weeks from both of them to close the gap.

3) One possible way is to discuss with your seller to shift out after their wet-work and the electrical portion are completed.

Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer does not reach us.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly.