You will first need a valid Power of Attorney and to appoint someone to represent you during HDB's appointment.
You should register your Intent to Buy before you start to look for a flat. The Intent to Buy will provide a preliminary assessment of your eligibilities for the purchase of an HDB resale flat, CPF Housing Grants and an HDB housing loan. It will also provide you with relevant information such as the Ethnic Integration Policy / Singapore Permanent Resident (EIP/SPR) Quota, status of upgrading and billing of upgrading costs, recent transacted prices of nearby flats, and financing options and calculators, to guide your buying decisions.
You must first register your Intent to Buy and then obtain a Letter of Offer from a bank before you exercise the Option to Purchase.
Your application will be cancelled if the procedures are not followed.
You may refer to our buying guide here: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/the-ultimate-guide-to-buying-an-hdb-resale-flat-12568
Once a suitable unit is found, the seller will need to issue an Option to Purchase (OTP) form after 7 days from the date of the Intent to Sell. You then submit the OTP to HDB to request for a valuation. An assigned valuer will then inspect the seller's HDB flat to determine its valuation. You will be given 21 days to think over the intended purchase and to check your eligibility, financing aspects and other issues such as whether the flat is affected by redevelopment or upgrading, the liability to pay for upgrading costs, levy and so on and then to exercise the option. This takes 21 days in total.
The submission of resale application for HDB flats are as follows:
1. Buyers and sellers will have to submit their portion of the application separately. If you have engaged an agent, the agent can submit on your behalf
2. Either the buyers’ or sellers’ potion of the resale application may be submitted first. Once the first party has submitted his portion the second party will have to do so within 7 days. If not the application will be voided
3. Once the second party has submitted their portion, the application will be considered complete
4. With the completed resale application, HDB will then assess the buyers’ and sellers’ eligibility to buy/sell the flat based in the date the second party submits their portion of the application
5. Buyers and sellers will be able to check the status of the resale application through the HDB Resale Portal
Upon receipt of the resale application and supporting documents, HDB will verify the information provided by the seller and yourself. You and the seller should make sure that both of you meet all the eligibility conditions and resale requirements when submitting your resale application. If the application is in order, HDB will notify you and the sellers of the acceptance of the application via SMS/ email. On average, it will take about 8 weeks from the date of HDB's acceptance of the resale application, to process the application.
Do note, you will have to dispose of your overseas property before or within 6 months of the resale flat purchase.
We advise you to engage an experienced agent who will ensure a smooth buying process.
Hope this answers your question.
Team PropertyGuru Read More
You may text 9620 0827 for a casual chat.
Gavin Read More
1) You have to ensure you are eligible to purchase an HDB flat before doing anything to your overseas property.
2) You may proceed to purchase a resale HDB flat even with your overseas property upon confirmation of your eligibility.
3) You have up to 6 months to dispose of your overseas property upon key collection of your purchase.
Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.
Any response to our answer does not reach us.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly. Read More
As every applicant to buy HDB property comes with his or her unique backgrounds, it is good to talk to HDB directly, FIRST. Then, you have a better picture what you should do with your overseas property. This way, if you qualify, you can then sell off your overseas assets before making a resale HDB purchase.
Do contact me at your earliest convenience, so that I can further guide you along your path to home ownership in Singapore.
Huttons Asia P. L.
www.goodpropertiesguide.com Read More