3 Answers

Hi, in your case, you will be buying the HDB flat under sole name with your spouse as an essential occupier. Also, only you could loan from HDB or the bank but not your spouse as he or she is classified as an occupier.

 9730 8455 
aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More
Robbie Chen Chee Howe

You are eligible to purchase a resale HDB flat under the Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme.

You might wish to take note that upon the purchase, you will need to serve a 5-year MOP before you can rent out the whole flat, sell the flat, or to purchase another residential property.

Also another note, should you own any other residential properties (both locally or overseas), you will have to dispose off the property within 6 months upon the HDB flat purchase.

Hence, I'm not sure if this option works for you. Because it disallows you to own another property in the country that you're residing in, at least for the next 5 years.

I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans.

Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305  . I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
 9748 6305 
PropNex Realty Read More

I have assist clients of the same profile as yours and they managed to purchased a HDB resale under non citizen spouse scheme and they are also eligible for singles grant. However your circumstances may be different as HDB will require your wife to possess a long term visitor pass of at least 6 months before you are eligible to purchase a HDB. I am specialised in HDB transactions. Do contact me at 93375051  for a free and non obligatory discussions on this.

Taufik Hussein
ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd Read More