3 Answers

Robbie Chen Chee Howe
Hi Sir,

If you are a Singapore Citizen, you're eligible to purchase a HDB resale flat under your sole name, with your wife as the essential occupier.

However, do take note that both you and your wife will have to
sell off or dispose all interests in private residential properties latest within 6 months upon the purchase of the HDB flat.

Should you need any further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305  . I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you and your partner in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
 9748 6305 
PropNex Realty Read More

There are critical information missing from your post;
(i) Residence status of your spouse, FR, SPR or SC
(ii) Did you ever owned or co-owned HDB flats

(1) Spouse is foreigner:
(a) You may be eligible to apply for HDB 2-room flexi in non-mature estate using Non-Citizen spouse scheme.
(b) You are eligible to purchase any room types resale HDB flat using Non-Citizen spouse scheme.

(2) Spouse is SPR or SC:
(a) You are eligible to apply for any HDB room type inclusive of EC from developer using Public Scheme.
(b) You are eligible to purchase any room types resale HDB flats using Public scheme.

Either (1) or (2), both you and your spouse have to dispose off private property local and overseas within 6 months upon key collections.

Hence, transferring of ownership to your spouse does not help in keeping the private property.
If there are other family members who you are trusted with, may worth considering.

Do note, there are buyer stamp duty (BSD & ABSD) and Seller stamp duty (SSD) if applicable shall applied during the transfer of property.

Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more queries, please feel free to contact me at 90110636  , or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer do not reach us until we scroll through each and every queries posted daily.
The best way to get a follow up is to whatsapp or email us directly. Read More
YT Tan (陈永达)
Hi there,

You will have to form a family nucleus with your spouse in order to purchase a resale HDB. Therefore she will have to dispose off all residential properties be it in Singapore or overseas even if you transfer the ownership of overseas property to her.

Care to share more about the intention behind your move? Wish to hold on to an unit for own stay and another for investment locally?

Perhaps we can meet over a cup of coffee to discuss and explore your options?

Hear from you soon!

"Your Freehold Ally, Leasehold Tactician"

YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Associate Group Director
Propnex Realty Pte Ltd
Blk 480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, #11-95 HDB Hub East Wing, Singapore 310480

(M): +65 9111 5171 
(E): yt.tan91115171@gmail.com
(FB): www.facebook.com/yttanassetprogessor


Platinum achiever (Clock $100k commission within 1 month) August 2017(Propnex)
Top Individual Achiever August 2017(Powerful Negotiators Group)
Top Private Property Transactors January 2017 (Propnex)

Find out your property value for FREE on a monthly basis. Simply sign up by clicking the link below:

http://bit.ly/yt_proptrack Read More