6 Answers

Hi, for HDB purchases, you will need to declare and also to dispose off any overseas property. But as for private property, you don't need to declare. Pls feel free to let me know if you need any assistance.

 9730 8455 
aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More
Let me know your preference for pte properties and budget to dfsr2010@gmail.com or call 94386522  and I can assist you to find your dream home.
David. Read More

Would you like to write to gavin.ng@orangetee.com.

We will address your queries accordingly.

Regards Read More
Dear Mdm,

It is a good time to start searching for a property to purchase as market sentiments are improving and there are signs that prices may start moving north.

Rather than helping your landlord service their mortgage, you may want to pay towards your own home instead. For your loan application, you will not need to declare your foreign properties when purchasing a condo in Singapore.

The good news is since this is your first property, you will not be liable for the Additional Buyer Stamp Duty (ABSD) as well. You may wish to go for an In Principle Approval of loan first to find out how much loan you are eligible for before planning your next step.

If you need a reliable banker to assist or need any other real estate related assistance, please feel free to contact me!

Nick Tan
(M) +65 9644 4854 
(E) nick96444854@gmail.com
(W) www.nick-tan.com

Testimonial from Satisfied Clients (2016/2017)
“Nick is a responsible, efficient and excellent salesperson. He has very good knowledge of the real estate market and I benefited a lot from his advice and sharing. He is extremely patient when guiding me through the buying process and I am happy to secure a dream house within my budget with his assistance. A highly recommended salesperson who made my house hunting journey a breeze.”
Ms Chia (Buyer)

“Nick provides a delightful customer experience from day one when I engage him as my agent to look for a flat of my choice to the completion of the deal. He is competent, resourceful and has a pleasant manner to work with. He is the Agent of my choice in dealing with properties and I would highly recommend him to others who would appreciate an agent that takes care and can give the customer a peaceful mind.”
Susana (Buyer)

“Nick is very pro-active in helping us to resolve whatever questions and problems that we encountered. All the issues are settled even before us having to request or ask for a second time. He was very frank and transparent with all the details, limitations and advantages that we wouldn’t have known. I think this is the most important virtue to be successful in this line. I will surely recommend him to anyone who needs his service because I trust that they will be equally satisfied!!”
Mr and Mrs Chan (Sold and Bought a property through Nick)

“We are very grateful to Nick for his extensive marketing efforts. With his comprehensive marketing plan, he helped us to achieve a record selling price within 2 weeks of listing our property for sale! We highly recommend his service to anyone who is keen to sell their properties.”
Mr & Mrs Wong (Property Seller)

“Nick has conducted himself ethically and professionally when handling the sales of our property. Thanks to his patience and perseverance, we managed to secure a sales price beyond our expectations.
We are very happy and satisfied with his services and will definitely recommend him to our friends and family in the future.”
Mr & Mrs Tan (Seller of Inter-Terrace House) Read More
Dear Mdm,

I'm not sure whether you heard of OECD, Singapore has palnned to sign over this in Sep 2018 if the proposed conditions are met by then.

In current time, although you do not have any mortgage for the foreign investment.
But if you are receiving constant rental income from this investment, it will reflect on your foreign or even local bank account.
This will be reflected very clearly once OECD activated.

Because you are buying property then there are only 2 issues over here:
(a) Amount of mortgage available
(b) Any infringement of Tax law in Singapore

Yours is a clear cut case, you can get maximum of 80% whether or not you have foreign property.
Your husband's case a little complicating as TDSR was design to prevent an individual from over borrowing for property. The maximum loan is 50% for 2nd property.
Thus if both your loan amt is sufficient for the dream property then no harm to declare your husband liability.

Overseas properties are excluded from ABSD calculation for both Singaporean & SPR.

Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more queries, please feel free to contact me at 90110636  , or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer do not reach us until we scroll through each and every queries posted daily.
The best way to get a follow up is to whatsapp or email us directly. Read More
Calin Chong 张雪冰
Hi there,

Your question on: "Do we need to declare our foreign properties when applying for a mortgage?"

For your husband: You have to let the banker knows about your overseas property status upon doing the mortgage application, the banker will help you to check if the oversea bank that your husband has mortgage loan with is reflected on Credit Bureau system or not. All these checking will be done by the banker and to advise if you need to declare in the application or not.

As for your own without mortgage loan overseas, you do not have to declare.

Call me anytime for further explanation.

Calin Chong
 9756 7111 
calinchong@calinchong.com Read More