3 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

You will need a conveyancing lawyer to effect the transfer.

Do note a Buyer's Stamp Duty (BSD) and Seller's Stamp Duty (SSD) may be imposed on the buying and selling of your 50% share.

The SSD rates are as follows:

Date of Purchase Holding Period SSD Rate (on the actual price or market value, whichever is higher)
On or after 12 Jan 2013 Up to 1 year 15%
More than 1 year and up to 2 years 10%
More than 2 years and up to 3 years 5%
More than 3 years No SSD payable

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru
Aaron Chong
Hi, you just need to consult a law firm for that.

9730 8455
Hakim Halim
Hello.. Congratulations on finding a buyer !
This is my contact for conveyancing lawyer if you don't have one yet..
Amanda from APAC Law 8183 2900.

Hope it helps,
- Hakim
9144 9841