4 Answers

Geryl Lim
Dear Atul Kochhat,

As a foreigner, you are definitely welcome to invest in residential property. You will be eligible to purchase any strata-titled properties and rental yield for this investment depends very much on the location of your unit bought and budget as well. For residential properties, it is advisable to be looking at 4% rental yield on average.

Geryl Lim Read More


Radhika Prakash
Hi Atul,

Yes as a foreigner you can invest in Private Condominium units in Singapore.

As regards the financing, there are several Banks here, whom you can liase with first and understand the eligibility. I can forward you the mail ids of the concerned officials here.

Secondly, with regards to the Rental Yields, we can look at units above 4%.

Please also note only the current yield is not to be taken into account but also the challenges of getting a new tenant taking into a/c the age of the project, the location etc.

You may write to me on realproperty63@yahoo.com.sg and shall give you few details of the units. This would give an idea.


Radhika Prakash - Global Realtor
DTZ Debenham Tie Leung
realproperty63@yahoo.com.sg Read More


Mike Xu
Feel free to email or call me for a non-obligation discussion of your current situation.

Mike DTZ
Email: mikexu@live.com.sg
Registration No:R022417D
Estate Agent Licence No:L3007960A
Website:www.singaporeapartments.biz Read More


Mike Tay
Dear Mr. Kochhat

A foreigner can invest in only condo/apt.

The mortgage rate depends on whether you chose the fix or variable rate and whether there is lock-in period. This could range from 0.75% - 1.+% in the 1st year and increase incrementally. Normally, you should refinance your loan if the interest rate is too high i.e. as a guideline ~3 years.

The rentals depends on the type of property you invest. In residential, depending on the location, project, purchase price, initial downpayment, etc. gross rental yield could range from 2% - 5% (condo/apt).

Rental yield would be higher for commerical investment. Commerical investment would require a larger downpayment and bank mortgage can only be paid in cash not CPF.

I have helped foreigner made their 1st property purchase. Please call me at (65)-9745-5178 or email miketayse@hsr.com.sg if you want to invest in Singapore properties.. we also have overseas ones..:).

Thks & regards,

Mike Tay (郑树荣)

CEA Reg:R042367C

M: +65 97455178
E: miketayse@hsr.com.sg

HSR International Realtors Pte Ltd
Estate Agent Reg No: L3002226G Read More