One resident of Block 453D Fernvale Road encountered a swarm of bees as soon as the elevator door opened. She had to cover her face with her shopping bag while running to her unit. She was stung three to five times throughout the ordeal.
Residents of Block 453D Fernvale Road went home last Wednesday (5 June) afraid, knowing that they would have to face a swarm of bees.
Chen Youzhen was preparing to leave work following her night shift when her neighbour called to warn her of the bees, reported The New Paper.
The 41-year old salesperson then called her son and instructed him to stay indoors and close all windows.
When Chen reached her block’s ground level at around 11 pm, she saw the bees outside her 22nd-floor unit.
She was met by 50 to 60 bees the moment the elevator doors opened on her floor.
“I felt my life was in danger and I was scared,” she said.
Using one of the shopping bags she was carrying, she covered her face and immediately ran to her unit, all the while getting stung three to five times.
Upon entering her home, she quickly called the Ang Mo Kio Town Council regarding the incident.
Around 30 minutes later, people from a pest control company killed the bees within two hours.
Chen revealed that while she had noticed the bees flying into her flat three months ago, she did not think much about it.
“I never expected that in one night, the outer wall would be swarming with bees,” she added.
Too afraid of the bees, a younger cousin of a 45-year old resident managed to go home “only by around 3am after the bees were gone”, reported Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao.
An Ang Mo Kio Town Council spokesperson said they were aware of the bee issue and have tapped pest control to handle it.
Don’t forget that our GuruDeals promo is ending soon. Enjoy savings of up to $300,000 when you buy a new home now.
Fiona Ho, Digital Content Manager at PropertyGuru, edited this story. To contact her about this or other stories, email firstname.lastname@example.org