SINGAPORE, 15 March 2017 - PropertyGuru Group, Asia's leading online property group, is seeing some signs of green shoots emerging in the private property market, according to its ebook for H1 2017. Highlights include:
- A drop in home prices this year led by the suburbs.
- Government's decision to release fewer land sites will cut housing supply.
- New private home sales could reach 8,000 units.
- Significant drop in rental prices due to slowdown in the global economy and volatility in the job market.
- Rental activity will be higher in the suburbs, where prices fell the most in 2016. How will this affect landlords?