What are the main challenges facing Asia’s real estate investors, developers and financial experts this year?
The organisers of Real Estate Investment World Asia, which will take place at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore on 16 to 18 June, posed that question and here are the top seven challenges they were told:
1. How to mitigate the risk of moving up the risk curve into niche and other secondary markets.
2. How to identify compelling investment opportunities in highly restrictive and segmented markets.
3. How to secure equity and debt financing to fund existing or new developments in emerging real estate markets.
4. How to identify motivated sellers, and mispriced ‘on’ and ‘off-market’ assets in target locations.
5. How to ensure that transaction structures and products are legally binding and regulatory compliant when operating in cross border markets.
6. How to find creative and sophisticated funding solutions for non-core investments.
7. How to maximise asset efficiency and investment return potential managed through complex project financing, structured debt capital market products and transactional advisory services.
More than 400 of Asia’s top real estate professionals are expected to take part in the annual event in 11 weeks’ time in the city state.