4 Answers


You need not sell away the hdb if you purchase a private condo, however you will incur 7% ABSD. If you have outstanding loan for hdb, the max loan for your next property will be 50%.

You may want to consider transfering the ownership to your sibling if he/she is eligible and financially equipped to do so. Thanks and hope to assist further with your housing plans.

Warm Regards,
(ASk Anything Property)
Proactive. Sincerity. Feedback.
SMU BBM (Finance), Magna Cum Laude

Email: Ivanng10@gmail.com
Contact: (+65) 97432395 
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ASAProp
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/#!reviews/c11r1
(Client's Testimonials) Read More
YT Tan (陈永达)
A very good morning to you!

You are eligible to hold on to the HDB and purchase a private property as long as your household has at least one Singaporean and you have fulfill your MOP.

You have to take note you will be subject to 7% additional buyer's stamp duty on your purchase with your fiancee, wont be able to obtain max 80% bank loan due to your current outstanding HDB loan and will have to set aside half of the minimum sum ($80.5k) in your CPF OA + SA before you can use the excess on this purchase.

With all these restrictive measures, you might want to consider to transfer the ownership to your sibling if he/ she is eligible under single singapore citizen scheme and financially capable to do so. By doing so, you will be able to obtain max loan, avoid ABSD etc.

Hope my explanation helps!

If you need any assistance or advice in your property needs, feel free to contact me. Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
YT Tan
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727

(M): +65 9111 5171 
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W): www.yttan.com Read More

There are various options and each has different considerations.

As each option has an implication to your cash flow and your comfort level, it will be easier if you can call 9620 0827  or email to gavin.ng@orangetee.com to explore the various alternatives.


Gavin Read More
Get a dual key condo unit. Remove your name from your HDB, leaving just your sibling name in it. Move to the condo with your fiancée and your sibling. Rent out the HDB to finance your condo, something like that. You save on ABSD. Never sell your HDB, hope these helps. Need more advise, www.comm1realty.com Read More