Such HDB flats do indeed come with bigger floor areas. However, should you wish to resell it in the near future, the flat will be subjected to the pro-rated CPF usage which will limit the pool of buyers. As such, you may have difficulties selling them.
Hope this answers your question.
Team PropertyGuru Read More
a very good day to you.
To begin with, each and every individual purchase property for various reasons. What i suggest is that you evaluate your objectives and see if they will be met.
Secondly, government/hdb policies changes over time, so it is almost impossible to set a fix outcome for the next 70 years. As such we evaluate the possible outcomes and decide if we are to take on the risk or opportunities that may surface at a later stage.
Do Feel free to contact me if you have other questions. Have a great day.
Associate Group Director | Propnex Singapore
BSc Business Analytics
Dip. Building & Real Estate Management
https://www.facebook.com/KelvintayProperty/ Read More
For HDB flat, you are right in the sense that the value will depreciate to zero if there are no SERS. For bigger flats, their value do hold better as compared to smaller ones due to limited supply. It is also important to buy in a good location so that the demand will still continue to be strong in the future when you wish to sell.
Another way could be looking at it in terms of depreciation per year or per month. You can just treat it as a roof above your head and it is definitely cheaper as compared to renting a unit.
Please feel free to contact me so that I can understand your objectives better and provide you with more informed recommendations.
(M) +65 9644 4854
SEAA Salespersons Achievement Platinum Award 2020
Visit my website to know me better: www.nicktan.com.sg
I was featured recently on Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) Newsletter:
I have written a guide on buying Residential Property:
Testimonial from Satisfied Clients
“Nick is a responsible, efficient and excellent salesperson. He has very good knowledge of the real estate market and I benefited a lot from his advice and sharing. He is extremely patient when guiding me through the buying process and I am happy to secure a dream house within my budget with his assistance. A highly recommended salesperson who made my house hunting journey a breeze.”
Ms Chia (Buyer)
“Nick provides a delightful customer experience from day one when I engage him as my agent to look for a flat of my choice to the completion of the deal. He is competent, resourceful and has a pleasant manner to work with. He is the Agent of my choice in dealing with properties and I would highly recommend him to others who would appreciate an agent that takes care and can give the customer a peaceful mind.”
“Nick is very pro-active in helping us to resolve whatever questions and problems that we encountered. All the issues are settled even before us having to request or ask for a second time. He was very frank and transparent with all the details, limitations and advantages that we wouldn’t have known. I think this is the most important virtue to be successful in this line. I will surely recommend him to anyone who needs his service because I trust that they will be equally satisfied!!”
Mr and Mrs Chan (Sold and Bought a property through Nick)
“We are very grateful to Nick for his extensive marketing efforts. With his comprehensive marketing plan, he helped us to achieve a record selling price within 2 weeks of listing our property for sale! We highly recommend his service to anyone who is keen to sell their properties.”
Mr & Mrs Wong (Property Seller)
“Nick has conducted himself ethically and professionally when handling the sales of our property. Thanks to his patience and perseverance, we managed to secure a sales price beyond our expectations.
We are very happy and satisfied with his services and will definitely recommend him to our friends and family in the future.”
Mr & Mrs Tan (Seller of Inter-Terrace House) Read More
1) The depreciating lease is applicable to all leasehold property in Singapore, both HDB and private.
2) SERS programme is initiated by the gov, there are less than 3% out of the whole HDB population that receive this incentive, quoted from Lawrence Wong when he was the Minister of Nation Development.
3) Enbloc is initiated by one or more of 200 private developers in Singapore. Thus we always said there is a chance of enbloc in private residences. Note that there are more than 3,000 private developments in whole of Singapore, inclusive of both freehold and leasehold.
Therefore the chances is always much higher than HDB flats.
4) There are already a few government project that were built way before Singapore independence had reached their end of lease recently. One of plot I vividly recall is somewhere in Geylang, some landed terrace. Most if not all were used for storage purpose. Shifted out without any compensation, and if you did not notice means there were no challenge from the ground.
5) The vast majority HDB that were built in the early days such as those lease started in late 60's, still have 43/44 years since our nation independence. So we have quite a long way before this vast majority flat lease expire. And we won't know what gov will do to those who are still living there. But for sure the 1st generation who bought them already passed away.
6) According to the national rally speech delivered by our prime minister seems like there is not going to have any compensation, rather just rejunevate to keep them as livable as possible.
7) So come down to yourself what is your main objective of choosing these executive flat. Is it because you need or you want the big space?
8) Because these old executive flat does not come cheap. If it is the need due to big family size, multi-generation family, etc. It is quite a good choice.
9) However, some feel that even though the space is big enough, there will still be conflict due to lack of privacy. This is also one of the reason why there is a multi-generation scheme in HDB, that separate elder from the younger. So that they live in the neighbour or even on the same level, but on separate unit.
10) Therefore conclusion is you have to really ask yourself hard on your main objective.
Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: email@example.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.
Any response to our answer does not reach us.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly. Read More
Hope all is well.
That’s a possible scenario you have described which depreciating lease may becomes an issue when you are looking to move out many more years down the road. It also depends on whether you are looking just for home stay, perfectly fine with the 70 years lease period (your age and lease should add to 95, otherwise loan is affected), location, size, amenities, family nearby without the need to pass down anything for the future generation. Otherwise it will be a concern as the percentage of HDB going through en bloc SERS is low.
Please feel free to contact if you have more queries.
Joshua Cheong (ERA)
Restful Increase Property Sg Read More
Yes, it is true that older HDB flats will face the impact on its depreciating lease, and it will be $0 when the lease runs out to Zero.
Having said that, it does not mean that Executive Apartments cannot be sold and has no value. In fact, the record for a resale HDB is at $1.268m, and it is set by a HDB terrace with a balance lease of only 50+ years!
Ultimately, it depends on what is your objective of the EA flat purchase. Do you have a big family and require a big and spacious unit for your growing family? If so, and it matches your family needs and requirements, then it will be worthy for you to consider.
I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans. Please get in touch with me for a more in-depth discussion.
Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.
PropNex Realty Read More