5 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

You may be eligible to buy a Built-To-Order (BTO), Executive Condominium (EC) or a resale HDB flat should you sell the current flat and apply under the Public Scheme with your parents.

If you wish to buy the property solely under your name, you may transfer the HDB flat to your parents provided they meets HDB's eligibility conditions.

You parents must also return the CPF amount used plus accrued interest that you have used towards the current HDB flat. On top of that, they must be able to able to service the mortgage.

On your end, you must settle any outstanding amounts to HDB such as fire insurance premium, late payment charges or bill charges before the application for transfer can be considered.

A Buyer's Stamp Duty (BSD) of up to 3% will apply for the shares that were sold to the other party.

You may also be liable to pay for Seller's Stamp Duty.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru Read More


Gavin Ng

It depends on your commitment in your current HDB. You may text 9620 0827 for a casual chat.


Gavin Read More


Aaron Chong

I would be most glad to assist you further and please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance. Have a good day ahead.

Aaron Chong
9730 8455
aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More


Ling CK

1) You are eligible to apply for BTO, EC, or buy a resale flat once you completed MOP.
2) Your situation now is you have to discharge from an outstanding loan for your current flat and your parents must be able to take over.
3) Your contributed CPF to this property has to return, in another word, someone must pay it back.
4) Unless you planned to sell it off after buying. You cannot be the owner of 2 flats and service both mortgage loans at the same time.
5) Each person can only own 1 HDB flat at any one time. You won't be able to be the owner of the current flat once you purchase another.
6) Since you are not the owner of the current flat, you are not allowed to utilize CPF to service the mortgage for the current flat.

Hope the above answer to your main concerns, but if there are more query, please feel free to contact me at 90110636, or email: ling.ck7@gmail.com if more information is needed.
I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards
Ling CK

Any response to our answer does not reach us.
The best way to get a follow-up is to Whatsapp or email us directly. Read More


Robbie Chen Chee Howe

You can apply for a new BTO or EC with your parents if you all had not utilised 2 times "subsidized housing", and that you had fulfilled the 5-year MOP for your current flat.

You are free to purchase a resale HDB flat as long as you had fulfill your 5-year MOP for your current flat. Do take note that you will be required to sell off the flat (or transfer your shares to your parents) latest within 6 months upon the HDB flat purchase.

I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans. Please get in touch with me for a more in-depth discussion.

Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
9748 6305
PropNex Realty Read More