7 Answers

Ivan Ng

As long as you have met your MOP of 5 years and you are SC household, you can hold both HDB and private, and rent out HDB.

Thanks and may I assist with your housing plans so to value-add? Hope to discuss further.

Warm regards
Ivan ERA
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/#!reviews/c11r1
(Client's Testimonials) Read More


D. Kumar

As long as your MOP of 5 years is fulfilled as well as you are of a Singapore Citizen Household, you are able to keep both the properties. May I understand your requirements, expectations and budget to propose developments. There are currently many firesales and ongoing discounts as high as 18-30% in some vicinities which can enhance your portfolio and reap capital upswing. A more interactive discussion will allow me to follow your objectives and goals with respect to the purchase. Following that, I will work out the financial calculations cash flow and breakdown of purchase with progressive payment to see which options you can consider.

Do note that there is NO agent fees involved and I will walk you through this whole tedious process of : explanation of procedure, shortlisting, negotiation, paperwork, establishing financial projections / application of loan, sharing of market insights, providing up to date transaction caveats & price analysis of properties as well as and handling all technical and legal matters at NO cost!

D Kumar
+65 96659926
ERA Associate Division Director

#1 team of ERA in Singapore, Asia Pacific International for 2014.

ERA 2015 Q1 Top Achievers (Top 1% of ERA)
ERA Top Achievers 2013/14
ERA Multi-Million Dollar Club Award
2014 ERA Asia-Pacific Business Conference Elite Award

P Group
2015 April ERA Top Achievers
2015 February ERA Top Achievers
2014 Aug/Sept/3rd quarter/Dec/ overall 2014 ERA Top Achievers Read More


Aaron Chong
Hi, yes as long as you are local and upon completion of MOP, you could own both a HDB unit and a condo unit. And you could rent out either one. Pls note that the stamp duty payable will be at 10% for the 2nd property.

aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More


Geryl Lim
Dear sir/madam,

I got this from HDB website :

"HDB flats sold under the Home Ownership Scheme are meant for owner-occupation by the flat owners and their families. However, flat owners who are Singapore Citizens may sublet their whole flat if they meet the eligibility conditions. In addition, owners who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents may sublet their spare bedrooms if they meet the eligibility conditions.

Flat owners who sublet their whole flat to one or more non-Malaysian Non-Citizens (NCs)* will be subject to a Non-Citizen (NC) Subletting Quota. The NC Subletting Quota does not apply to subletting of bedrooms.

*Non-Citizen refers to Singapore Permanent Residents and foreigners.

To sublet the whole flat, prior approval from HDB is needed. For subletting of bedrooms, no approval from HDB is required. However, flat owners must register the subletting with HDB within 7 days from the commencement date of the subletting. The flat owners and their authorised occupiers must also continue to live in the flat during the subletting period and comply with the subletting conditions.

Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and non-citizens may rent a flat or bedroom from existing HDB flat owners under the Subletting of Flat/ Bedroom Scheme.

Before renting a flat or a bedroom from the HDB flat owners, we advise prospective subtenants to familiarise themselves with the eligibility conditions for subtenants as well as those for the flat owners. It is important that they first ensure that the flat owner has HDB's approval to sublet the flat to them. Non-Malaysian non-citizen subtenants are also advised to check if the NC Subletting Quota in the block and neighbourhood has reached the limit before entering into any subletting contract.

This service package provides information under the Subletting of Flat / Room Scheme:

Statistics for median rents of HDB flats in various locations
Subletting your Flat/Bedroom
Renting a Flat/Bedroom

Last Updated on 02 Feb 2015"

Hope it helps!

Visit and Like my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/propertyblogshop/

New Singapore Expatriates on facebook is up and running. Come join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/newsgexpats/


Geryl LIM
Real Estate Director
Masters Of Real Estate
M.O.R.E Property Pte Ltd (L3010548F)
CEA Reg R014783H
Mobile: +65-81577565/+65-92787772
Email: geryl7772@gmail.com

M.O.R.E Landed Dynamic Alliance
Home of *7772 Hotline
Check out our latest Landed Dynamic Alliance 7772 mobile application on iOS or Android @ "Landed 7772" in Mobile Apps Store or Play Store now! Read More


YT Tan (陈永达)
Good evening buyer,

Yes it's true but it's only applicable to SPR household. SPR household has to sell off HDB within 6 months if they purchase a private property.

But if your household has at least one Singaporean, you can hold on to your HDB and purchase a private property. Do take note that you have ti fulfill your MOP before you are eligible to do so.

So what's your household configuration? And when will you fulfill your MOP?

Do take note that you will be subject to additional buyer's stamp duty and might be subject to loan and CPF minimum sum restriction.

Hope my explanation helps!

If you need any assistance or advice in your property purchase, feel free to contact me.

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727

(M): +65 9111 5171
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W):www.propertyavenue.com.sg Read More


Belinda Zhao
As a Singaporean, you have the privilege to own both Condo and HDB and rent out either one of them.

Feel free to call for further discussion or email for a list of carefully shortlisted properties based on your specific criteria.

Warmest regards
Belinda Zhao
Senior Marketing Consultant
CEA Reg No. : R051311G
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd
Mobile: (65) 9628 0661
Email: belindazhao1@gmail.com
Property Listings :http://www.findnewlaunchsg.com/ Read More


Uma Devi
Hi, as long as your MOP is met, as an SC, you can rent out either. Please do call me at 97330445 to discuss your options to purchase a private property.

Thank you.


Propnex Realty
LicNo: R014839G
Hp: 97330445 Read More