6 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

Yes, you can via a process called novation. A novation transfers both the rights and obligations under the contract to another party. A novation may be executed in a situation where the tenant transfer all the tenancy rights and obligations to an incoming, replacement tenant, with the consent of the landlord. In short, a novation replaces the original party with a new party.

For a valid novation, there must be the following conditions:
1. all parties must assent to novation,
2. there must be a previously valid contract,
3. the duties provided for in the contract be extinguished immediately, and a new, enforceable contract need be created

In your case, the current tenant has found you a new tenant but must obtain your consent. Then, a novation agreement is signed with the incoming tenant taking over the obligations of the tenancy.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru
Aaron Chong
Hi, I would be most glad to assist you further and pls feel free to let me know if you need any assistance. Hope to hear from you soon and have a great week ahead. It is fine as long as the landlord can agree to such arrangement.

Aaron Chong
9730 8455
Mega Simon
Guess your are a DIY landlord ?
Do get in touch with me. Really need to look at the Tenancy Agreement terms.
Silvia Yang
Hi Sir/Mdm

I will be glad to assist

I won't be able to contact you first as I do not have your contact, appreciate if you can contact me at (65) 96608508 or Silviayang8@gmail.com with details of your unit
or click here http://bit.ly/2tzIQ1a to whatsapp me for no obligation discussion
Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Silvia Yang

PropNex Realty Pte Ltd
Mobile: (65) 9660 8508
Email: Silviayang8@gmail.com
Taufik Hussein
This depends on tenancy agreement and your personal agreement on this. Do contact me at 93375051 for a free and non obligatory consultation on this.
Taufik Hussein
ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd
K Ravin
You should call HDB Branch Office Hotline Tel 1800-2255432. An officer (who will call u in 3 days) will advise you.

Your approved Subletting Letter is issued by HDB Branch Office, based on the tenant info that u submitted in the beginning.

I believe HDB Branch Officer will be the best person to advise you.

Ravin Hp 9798-5917

Ravin Hp 9798-5917