3 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

You may extend the rental period. However, do note that the minimum rental period for HDB properties for each tenant must be 6 months per application. You are not allowed to rent out your flat or bedroom on a short-term basis, as it may disrupt the living environment and pose security concerns for HDB's residents.

You can submit your application through your My HDBPage and pay an administrative fee of $20.

You will need to register all the tenants' particulars with HDB.

We advise you to draw up a proper tenancy agreement. Read more about tenancy agreements here: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/understanding-lease-agreements-in-singapore-10363

Your tenant will need to pay the e-stamping fees to IRAS.

A landlord is required to check original NRIC or FINS of the tenants and occupiers for forgery and make copies. check photographs on NRICs or FINS against the actual persons to confirm identity and verify the validity of the passes with MOM database and/or ICA database. As an added due diligence, you may also ask for letter of employment from employer. This is to deter illegal immigrants or vice activities. This is required by the Council of Estate Agencies for compliance with the Immigration and Women's Charter.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru Read More


Aaron Chong
Hi, yes it is very normal for tenant to ask for a few months extension once their lease ended and I have my fair share of such tenant too and most of my landlords have got no issue with that.

9730 8455
aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More


Silvia Yang
Hi Sir/Madam

I will be glad to assist
Appreciate if you can contact me at (65) 96608508 or Silviayang8@gmail.com
or click here https://bit.ly/WaSilvia to whatsapp me for no obligation discussion
Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Silvia Yang

Senior Marketing Director
ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd
Mobile: (65) 9660 8508
Email: Silviayang8@gmail.com Read More