You may browse our listings and connect directly with agents who may have such units that suit your budget and requirements here: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing/hdb/bukit-panjang
Private properties must be rented out for three consecutive months.
Meanwhile, HDB properties must be rented out for or at least 6 months per application.
All types of private residential property are subjected to an occupancy cap of six unrelated persons per property. Unrelated persons refer to anyone who is not part of the same family unit.
Domestic helpers are considered part of the same family unit.
You must be any of the following to rent a flat or bedroom as a tenant:
- Singapore Citizen
- Singapore Permanent Resident
- Non-citizen legally residing in Singapore who holds an Employment Pass, S Pass, Work Permit, Student Pass, Dependant Pass, or Long-Term Social Visit Pass. The pass must have a validity period of at least 6 months as at the date of application by the flat owners:
- Work Permit holders from the construction, marine, and process sectors must be Malaysians. Work Permit holders from the manufacturing sector must also be Malaysians if they are renting a whole HDB flat
- Tourists are not allowed to rent any HDB flat/ bedroom
You must not be a tenant of a public rental HDB flat or owner of other HDB flats unless you are:
- Divorced/ legally separated. In this case, only 1 party can rent a HDB flat from another flat owner
- A owner who is eligible to rent out your whole flat. However, you must rent out your own flat within a month, after you have rented an HDB flat from another flat owner
You must rent an HDB flat for at least 6 months. Owners can apply to rent out flat for a maximum period of 3 years per application if their tenants are all Singaporeans or Malaysians. For application involving non-Malaysian non-citizens, the maximum rental period per approval is 2 years.
For a 1-room and 2-room flat, the maximum number of tenants allowed in each flat is 4 while for 3-room and 4-room and bigger flat, the maximum number of tenants allowed in each flat is 6.
A landlord is required to check original NRIC or FINS of the tenants and occupiers for forgery and make copies. check photographs on NRICs or FINS against the actual persons to confirm identity and verify the validity of the passes with MOM database and/or ICA database. As an added due diligence, they may also ask for letter of employment from employer. This is to deter illegal immigrants or vice activities. This is required by the Council of Estate Agencies for compliance with the Immigration and Women's Charter.
Hope this answers your question.
Team PropertyGuru Read More
I would be most glad to assist you further and please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance. Have a good day ahead.
email@example.com Read More
The minimum rent period for HDB is 6 months, and minimum 3 months for private.
I am experienced and well-versed in both HDB and private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans. Please get in touch with me for a more in-depth discussion.
Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.
PropNex Realty Read More