5 Answers

Ivan Ng

Agents cannot collect commission from both landlord & tenant, as this will violate the dual representation rule.

It is beneficial for you to engage a professional agent, where for some fees, you have one who can value-add by taking care of your interests and negotiating a good price and advise on whether the Terms & conditions of the TA are favorable. There's always a fair share of stories where numerous problems crop up during and at the end of tenancy period, most of which are DIY tenants. Thanks and hope to assist with your plans further.

Warm regards
Ivan ERA
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/#!reviews/c11r1
(Client's Testimonials) Read More


Nick Tan
Morning Dr Sara,
Yes you are right. However, it is still advisable to engage an agent to represent yourself so as to safeguard your own interest. The commission paid will be worthwhile as your agent will be able to secure the unit for you at the best price and with the best terms and conditions.
By the way, I have a 2BR unit for rent at Siglap V at a very good price.
Let me know if you are keen on the location!

Nick Tan +65 9644 4854
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Follow us on FB to receive 24/7 market information & update! ==> https://www.facebook.com/propertyavenuesg Read More


YT Tan (陈永达)
Good morning Doctor,

If you approach the landlord's agent, it's true that you won't have to pay him/ her commission. But question is will he or she takes care of your interest during negotiation of rental/ requests, handle your paperworks and always be looking out for you during the lease period. Perhaps answer will be no.

I have assisted quite a number of tenants who are willing to pay me commission to assist them in their house hunting whereas some had mentioned to me that they had bad experience dealing directly with the landlord's agent.

If you need any assistance or advice in finding an ideal rental house, feel free to contact me. Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727

(M): +65 9111 5171
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W): www.yttan.com
(W): www.propertyavenue.com.sg Read More


Sunil Kumar
Hi Sara,

As per CEA rules agents should not collect commission from both parties due to conflict of interest.

If you contact the agent who is representing the landlord than for you no need to pay commission. As he is representing the landlord, he will protect the landlords interest.

Its better to have appoint a professional to act on your behalf.

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

C&H properties Read More


Uma Devi
Hi Dr Sara,

As mentioned by others, dual representation is not allowed for agents. But it is always good for you to engage an agent to represent you and your concerns throughout your rental period.
I have a units that matches your requirements. Brand New at Fernvale/Sengkang - H2O Residences and a couple of other 2 bedders. I am representing the landlord and you need not pay any comm.
Kindly call me at 97330445 for more details.

Thank you

#Legacy Solutions @Propnex
Hp: 97330445 Read More