1 Answer

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

You may browse our listings and connect directly with agents who may have such units that suit your budget and requirements here: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-for-rent?freetext=CC1%2FNS24%2FNE6+Dhoby+Ghaut+MRT&market=residential&MRT_STATIONS%5B%5D=CC1&MRT_STATIONS%5B%5D=NE6&MRT_STATIONS%5B%5D=NS24

You can rent the entire flat subject to HDB's eligibility conditions. The landlord will need to check the Non-Citizen Quota for renting out of flat if any tenant renting the flat is a non-Malaysian non-citizen (Singapore Permanent Resident or foreigner). The quota is to help maintain a good ethnic mix in HDB estates.

Do note that the minimum rental period for HDB flats is 6 months.

Do note the maximum number of tenants allowed for 1-room and 2-room and 3-room and bigger flats is 4 and 6 respectively.

Non-citizens legally residing in Singapore who are holders of Employment Passes, S Passes, Work Permits, Student Passes, Dependant Passes, or Long-Term Social Visit Passes can rent out HDB flats. These passes must have a validity period of at least 6 months as at the date of the application. Work Permit holders from the construction, manufacturing, marine, and process sectors must be Malaysians.

All types of private residential property are subjected to an occupancy cap of six unrelated persons per property. Unrelated persons refer to anyone who is not part of the same family unit. Domestic helpers are considered part of the same family unit. The occupancy cap also applies to tenants who sublet the property.

Do note that the minimum rental period for private residential property is 3 months.

A landlord is required to check original NRIC or FINS of the tenants and occupiers for forgery and make copies. check photographs on NRICs or FINS against the actual persons to confirm identity and verify the validity of the passes with MOM database and/or ICA database. As an added due diligence, they may also ask for letter of employment from employer. This is to deter illegal immigrants or vice activities. This is required by the Council of Estate Agencies for compliance with the Immigration and Women's Charter.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru