4 Answers

Jonathan Pan
Hi Ms Wong.

Quite a lot of policies you have to take note of. Some of which are:

Are you eligible to sell your HDB? (e.g is your MOP fulfilled?)
Are your buyers eligible to buy? (e.g. ethnic ratio, eligibility scheme)
What kind of HDB are you going to buy next? (e.g. if it's a direct HDB purchase again, you might have to pay resale levy)

Pricing strategy-wise, we can't really say for sure. While HDB flats are selling at a substantial amount of COVs now, the COVs look to be dropping soon (due to more people eligible to buy NEW flats instead of resale flats, more HDB flat supply by 2014, government not releasing any more COV data, etc.) When COV drops in the next few months/years, you'll have to sell your HDB at a lower price. But at the same time you can buy a resale HDB at a lower price too.

For private properties, you might have noticed that private property prices are always on the rise unless something major happens - e.g. Asian Financial Crisis in 1997, oil price hike in 2000, collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2007. But you would also have seen that after every drop in price, private property price always gain ground again - and each peak is higher than the previous peak.

At really unsure times like now, it might probably be good to start looking already. Some one out there might just be willing to let go at 2009/2010 prices now.

Good luck! =)

Jonathan Pan
CBRE
9688 2200
jonathan.pan-sp@cbre.com.sg Read More

0

Geryl Lim
Hi Ms Wong,

No one knows for sure what the market will be tomorrow.

If you are looking to upgrade, as long as it is within your means to do so, go ahead and execute your plan, as the next purchase will be your next home.

Yes, should the market decline, you may feel the pinch of not waiting for a few more months or years longer to make the move, on the other hand, you will also feel good should the market continue to thrive.

As you have mentioned, you have ready buyers on hand for your EA in Tampines. I believe you should also be able to fetch a good price for your HDB sale (provided you have met the MOP) so take your time to shortlist your dreamhome within your means.

1st and foremost, go talk to the different bankers to see what they can offer and what is the amount of loan or mortgage you can be eligible for.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact me further.

Regards,
Geryl LIM
Real Estate Consultant
CEA Reg R014783H
Mobile: +65-81577565
Email: lim.geryl@yahoo.com.sg Read More

0

Geryl Lim
Hi Ms Wong,

No one knows for sure what the market will be tomorrow.

If you are looking to upgrade, as long as it is within your means to do so, go ahead and execute your plan, as the next purchase will be your next home.

Yes, should the market decline, you may feel the pinch of not waiting for a few more months or years longer to make the move, on the other hand, you will also feel good should the market continue to thrive.

As you have mentioned, you have ready buyers on hand for your EA in Tampines. I believe you should also be able to fetch a good price for your HDB sale (provided you have met the MOP) so take your time to shortlist your dreamhome within your means.

1st and foremost, go talk to the different bankers to see what they can offer and what is the amount of loan or mortgage you can be eligible for.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact me further.

Regards,
Geryl LIM
Real Estate Consultant
CEA Reg R014783H
Mobile: +65-81577565
Email: lim.geryl@yahoo.com.sg Read More

0

Choo Jia Ming
Dear Miss Wong,

It depends on what you really want - Upgrade to a Condon or Cash out from your EA to a 5 rm.

If we are able to discuss further, please let me know.

I look forward to hear from you soon

Thanks.
Choo Jia Ming
B. Hons (EEE)
Savills Sales Director
HP: 9476 2732
Email: jiaming.choo10@gmail.com
Salesperson registration. no: R026370F Read More

0