Let me try to assist you further.
1. As you are under the age of 35, if you are buying a resale flat, you will need to wait for the divorce to be finalised before buying another flat with your new partner.
2. If she purchase under the single scheme, the flat will be a sole ownership and if you wish to add in your name as one of the owners, you will need to seek approval from the HDB.
3. You will be able to use your CPF funds towards the flat provided that you are one of the owners of the flat.
4. It depends on the court order but usually there will be sufficient time for you to market the flat properly and get a buyer.
5. Yes in the case of a divorce, it is possible to appeal for a MOP wavier and sell the flat before the MOP date. I have assisted my clients who are in the same situation to appeal successfully before.
6. HDB usually do not take in flats and would prefer owners to sell in the open market.
Please feel free to contact me so that I can understand your situation better and provide you with further assistance.
(M) +65 9644 4854
B.Eng(Chemical)(Hons)(NUS) / Cert-in-REA
SEAA Salespersons Achievement Platinum Award 2020
Visit my website to get to know me better:
I was featured recently on Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) Newsletter:
Testimonial from Satisfied Clients
“I would like to recommend Nick Tan from SRI. Before we engaged Nick, we were working with another agent from a very popular property agency in February 2017. We decided to terminate the contract after 5 weeks of zero viewings and no paper advertisements. Basically he was just waiting for phone calls. We engaged Nick on 20th April and by 10th of May, our unit was sold off. Why Nick? 1. He has good marketing strategies 2. He always kept us posted on what he did (communications!) 3. He made sure we understand the current market situation but he will consistently reassure us that the unit can be sold off 4. He is not greedy and trusting 5. He walks the talk”
Peter & Wendy (Property Seller)
I write to commend Nick Tan (R040814C). When my husband and I first met Nick, we were impressed by his drive, commitment, business acumen and strategical thinking, and decided to engage him. We were not disappointed. Nick sourced for prospective quality buyers in a targeted methodical fashion and was effective in connecting us with serious buyers, notwithstanding the fact that the search primarily took place over Dec – Feb (a traditional lull period). Throughout the transaction, he also gave us helpful advice in various aspects; the advice reflected his personal experience and expertise and was not simply regurgitated from public sources without any value-add. Further, Nick went beyond the call of duty of a competent professional. He had a sense of humanity in the way he interacted with myself and the other parties to the transaction such as my parents. As an example, my newborn daughter was warded into A&E on the completion date of the transaction; the care and concern that Nick showed went beyond the scope of work of an estate agent. I commend Nick for his capabilities and character, and would certainly wish to engage him for future property transactions.
Weilun & Benita (Property Seller)
“We are very grateful to Nick for his extensive marketing efforts. With his comprehensive marketing plan, he helped us to achieve a record selling price within 2 weeks of listing our property for sale! We highly recommend his service to anyone who is keen to sell their properties.”
Mr & Mrs Wong (Property Seller)
“Nick has conducted himself ethically and professionally when handling the sales of our property. Thanks to his patience and perseverance, we managed to secure a sales price beyond our expectations. We are very happy and satisfied with his services and will definitely recommend him to our friends and family in the future.”