4 Answers

Ivan Ng

If you do not intend to remove your name from the hdb, you may want to consider getting private property under your wife's sole name instead. Otherwise, purchasing a joint name for your next private property will mean ABSD will be incurred.

If your plans allow you to remove your name from the hdb, you will be eligible for all types of property so long the finances are comfortable. This is the ideal option.

Thanks and look to have more info about your plans so to make better recommendations. Look forward to value-add to your housing plans.

Warm Regards,
(ASk Anything Property)
Proactive. Sincerity. Feedback.
SMU BBM (Finance), Magna Cum Laude

Email: Ivanng10@gmail.com
Contact: (+65) 97432395
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ASAProp
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/#!reviews/c11r1
(Client's Testimonials) Read More


YT Tan (陈永达)
Good evening,

You have couple of options.

1) remove ownership
- your parents must be able to take on any outstanding housing loan and return the CPF OA funds that you have utilised

2) if current HDB is fully paid, you can consider to sell it off and use the cash proceeds for them to purchase a resale 3rm flat for instance and both of you can purchase another HDB or private property

3) you can ask your spouse to purchase a private property on her own.

There could be lots of options. Perhaps you can share more information with me so I will be in a better position to advise and assist you further.

Just to share!

Only a one time sign up, you will be able to receive a free SMS update on the value of your home and neighborhood from me on a monthly basis.

Click this now: http://goo.gl/Gg5pe3!

Join me on board towards a hassle free update on valuation now!

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Senior Associate Marketing Director
Propnex Realty Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3008022J
Blk 480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, #10-01/11-01 HDB Hub East Wing, Singapore 310480

(M): +65 9111 5171
(E): yt.tan91115171@gmail.com

Powerful Negotiators
No.1 team in Propnex Read More


Louis See

If you wish to purchase a resale HDB, BTO or EC, you will have to remove your ownership from your current flat and all those CPF that has been put into this flat by you will have to be returned by your parents. Alternatively you can look into private property options but you will have to pay ABSD if you intend to purchase it.

If you have any questions feel free to text/call me @ 90913553.

Thank you,
Louis See
louisseery@gmail.com Read More


Joanne Chia 谢诗琳
Good day sir / madam .

As you know you cannot own 2 hdb .

HDB Owner can still buy another private property but ABSD is payable .

You can withdraw your name out of your parents hdb , but your cpf that is being used to finance this hdb need to be return to your cpf account .

Your parents may consider selling their present hdb and buy a cheaper hdb if Necessary.

Kindly contact me for a no-obligations chat for your property needs .

My charges are 1% commission for exclusive selling rights to your hdb or 2% for open listing .

Hp 8333 3327 Read More