4 Answers


For new ECs, you need at least 1 citizen in the application. Also after EC key collection, you have to sell away HDB regardless SC or SPR household.

For private condos purchase, for SPR household, they have to sell their HDB after condo key collection.

If your intention is to keep both hdb and condo, you may wish to consider converting to citizen first. Thanks and hope to assist with your purchase plans further.

Warm regards
Ivan ERA
Website: http://www.ivanng10.com/#!reviews/c11r1
(Client's Testimonials) Read More

You may not be eligible for new EC as you need to form a family nucleus with at least 1 Singapore Citizen. Also, whether you purchase an EC or condominium, you will need to dispose off your HDB unit after 6 months of purchasing.

What may work best in your case is to consider a private condominium. The market is down and weak with property prices on the downswing. You can even afford 1 residential property and 1 investment property for passive income if your finances permit. For that, we could need to engage in a preliminary discussion to understand your requirements and objectives so that I can conduct a financial cash computations and progressive payment to succinctly shortlist projects. I would also need to link my bankers to establish your loan approval. This idea is profitable and realistic. We could explore the various options if you're keen on exploring and leveraging on the weak market. Besides, purchase of private property does NOT make you liable for any fees. So I will run you through step by step and advise you on the procedures at no cost! Look forward to your reply!

D Kumar
 +65 96659926 
ERA Associate Division Director
www.kumarrai.com ( Recent Awards and Testimonials)

#1 team of ERA in Singapore, Asia Pacific International for 2014.

ERA 2015 Q1 Top Achievers (Top1% of ERA)
ERA Top Achievers 2013/14
ERA Multi-Million Dollar Club Award
2014 ERA Asia-Pacific Business Conference Elite Award

P Group
2015 Feb/ April/May ERA Top Achievers
2014 Aug/Sept/3rd quarter/Dec/ Overall 2014 ERA Top Achievers Read More

The purchase of BTO unit are only applicable for SC buyers.

Mike Lim
ERA Read More
YT Tan (陈永达)
Good morning Ei Sone,

great hearing from you!

Do take note that one of you must turn SC before you are eligible to apply for new EC. As of now, both of you as SPRs are not eligible.

Btw if you intent to purchase a new EC after either one of you turns SC, you will still require to sell off your HDB within 6 months from key collection date.

If you want to hold on two properties, probably wait till one of you turns SC then you can keep your HDB and purchase a private property.

Because as SPR household, you have to sell off your HDB within 6 months from completion date.

Hope my explanation helps!

If you need any assistance or advice in your property purchase, feel free to contact me. Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
YT TAN 陈永达 | ACCA Graduate, RES
Vice President (Agency)
Property Avenue Pte Ltd
Estate Agent no. L3010650D
Blk 420 North Bridge Road #03-30 North Bridge Centre S188727

(M): +65 9111 5171 
(E): yt.lovelyhomes@gmail.com
(W): www.yttan.com
(W): www.propertyavenue.com.sg Read More