5 Answers

askguru expert
Hi there, thanks for writing to us on AskGuru.

Landed properties in Singapore are considered restricted properties under the Residential Property Act. You will be required to obtain approval from the Land Dealings (Approval) Unit.

Each applicant is assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration, including but not limited to, the following factors:
• The applicant should be a permanent resident of Singapore for at least five years; and
• The applicant must make exceptional economic contribution to Singapore. This is assessed taking into consideration factors such as his or her employment income assessable for tax in Singapore

In general, Permanent Residents are allowed to buy only restricted residential properties which
(i) Do not exceed 15,000 square feet, and
(ii) Are not situated within a good class bungalow area.
Applicants who wish to purchase such properties are subject to much more stringent qualifying criteria, including making exceptional economic contributions

The conditions of approval are the following:
• Applicant shall use the property solely for his own occupation and that of the members of his family, as a dwelling house, and not for rental or any other purpose;
• Applicant shall not dispose of the property within 5 years from the date of legal completion of the purchase of the property or, if the property is under construction, 5 years from the date of issue of the Temporary Occupation Permit or Certificate of Statutory Completion (whichever is issued earlier) for the property; and
• Applicant shall not subdivide the property, without approval.

If it is approved and if this is your first matrimonial home, there is no Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty (ABSD) in such a scenario.

However, a Buyer's Stamp Duty of up to 4% will apply.

You may find our article here useful: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-guides/buyers-stamp-duty-singapore-13043

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Team PropertyGuru Read More


Aaron Chong
Hi, I would be most glad to assist you further and pls feel free to let me know if you need any assistance. Hope to hear from you soon and have a great week ahead.

Aaron Chong
9730 8455
aaronchong2774@yahoo.com.sg Read More


Robbie Chen Chee Howe

As you're a SPR, to purchase a landed property (with the exception of Sentosa Cove), you will require to get approval from LDAU.

If you jointly-purchase a property with your SC spouse, you will qualify for ABSD remission as it will be your first matrimonial home.

I am experienced and well-versed in private transactions. I will be able to assist you in your property plans.

Should you need require further assistance in matters relating to property, please contact me at my mobile 9748 6305. I will be happy to assess and share with you the possibilities for you in the current market.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Robbie Chen
9748 6305
PropNex Realty Read More


Daniel .
As you are a PR and plan to buy landed property, except Sentosa cove you need to get approval from LDAU before purchasing any landed property.
For ABSD, as a first matrimonial home you will get remission.
Please call me in 82577791, if you need any help in your property transaction.
Daniel Read More


Mark Ng S W
Hi Do contact me at 97970200 to discuss more

Mark, your RIGHT choice
Propnex Read More