The region has all the latest amenities and the presence of a wide variety of restaurants and eateries, shopping malls, prime educational institutions and healthcare units have made the region extremely popular among the property investors.
Tampines HDB is located in the eastern part of Singapore. This area is bounded by the Changi Airport to the east, Bedok Canal to the south and the Tampines Expressway and Pan Island Expressway to the north. It is a densely populated area and has neighbouring regions such as Punggol, Defu Lane and Kembangan.
The region is subdivided into five sub areas and all have a Community Centre located within their boundaries. These sub-zones are as follows:
- Tampines North
- Tampines East
- Tampines West
- Tampines Changkat
- Tampines Central
The region has a very well developed network of expressways and arterial roads that has helped in the smooth flow of traffic in and around this region. The two main modes of public transport are the Tampines Bus Interchange and Tampines MRT station.
Passengers travelling by railways are served by the Tampines MRT station, an above ground station that is a part of the East-West MRT Line.
Various bus services are present that operate on different routes all across Singapore. The region is served by the intra-town feeder / town link bus services that help to bring the commuters from the Town centre to various locations. Some of the main bus services are as follows:
- SBS Transit Trunk Services: 3, 15, 21, 27, 168 28, 29, 31, 37, 38, 39, 65, 68, 69, 72, 81, 168, 552, 553, 554, 576
- SBS Transit Night Owl Service: 2N
- SBS Transit Premium Service: 553
- SMRT Buses NightRider Service: NR7, 291, 293, 576, 579, SS1
The region is reputed for quite a number of primary, secondary and tertiary institutions located at prime locations of this region. Some of these institutions are placed in the neighbourhood of Tampines HDB estate.
Some of the important educational institutions found in Tampines are listed below:
- Chongzheng Primary School
- East Spring Primary School
- East View Primary School
- Dunman Secondary School
- East Spring Secondary School
- East View Secondary School
- Tampines Junior College
- ITE College Central
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Singapore Institute Of Commerce
Facilities / Amenities
|Tampines Regional Library|
The Tampines HDB estate has all the necessary amenities that are needed for a comfortable living. The presence of reputed and reliable medical centres, shopping malls, dine out places serving exotic cuisines and various community clubs have made it an irresistible destination amongst property buyers.
Some of these facilities are listed below:
- Tampines Mall
- Courts Megastore
- Eastlink Mall
- Tampines 1
- Bali Thai Restaurant
- Bee Cheng Hiang
- Bi Feng Tang
Community Centres and Clubs
- Tampines Central Community Club
- Tampines Changkat Community Club
- Tampines East Community Club
- Tampines North Community Club
- Tampines Hospital
- St Andrew’s Mission Hospital
- Changi General Hospital
Places of Worship
- Tampines Chinese Temple
- Masjid Darul Ghufran
- Lighthouse Evangelism
- Tampines Regional Library
- Tampines Leisure Park
- Tampines North Park
- Tampines Park
- Tampines was awarded the World Habitat Award by the Building and Social Housing Foundation of the United Nations back in October 1992, to recognize its achievements as a excellent contributor towards development and human settlement.
- Prior to its transformation into a densely populated area, Tampines used to be an area for quarrying sand, an activity which essentially made the land unusable and barren.